Lead Brewer - Brewery Bhavana - Raleigh, NC
Brewery Bhavana - Raleigh, NC
Brewery Bhavana is a craft brewery based in Raleigh, NC. We currently have an opening on our team for a Lead Brewer. We are looking for a team member who is a highly motivated self-starter with advanced knowledge of the beer brewing process and demonstrated experience in critical brewing processes. This person should also hold a deep interest in further broadening their brewing experience. The Lead Brewer is on a team responsible for meeting product production and quality deliverables and is accountable for brewing and quality control process, and key equipment imperative to the brewing process.
At Bhavana, we believe that everything we create exhibits the intention and care of its maker.
From the brewing of our beer, to the serving of our food, to the way in which we communicate and sell our products out in the world — every step is an opportunity to connect and communicate with our most important audiences.
Bhavana takes an unconventional approach to selling beer, extending our hospitality philosophy into the traditional on and off-premise market. We seek to build relationships, service accounts, and communicate in a way that is both more insightful, and less constricting that the way in which most beer is bought and sold.
We want to be the easiest, most consistent, and delightful interaction our retailers have each day.
- Minimum three (3) years of professional brewing experience is required, five (5) years preferred
- Passionate about beer and the brewing process
- Ability to quickly assess, trouble shoot, maintain and repair all brewery equipment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights, and/or weekends
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs and safely maneuver up to 60lbs
- High degree of integrity
- Positive attitude and team focus
- Available for a work schedule Monday-Friday eight (8) hours during normal operating hours
- Occasional night/weekend availability is required
What will you bring?
- Passionate about beer and the brewing process with deep experience in professional brewing
- Deep knowledge of all brewing processes from beginning to end professional
- Skilled in operating brewing equipment, can operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and clean equipment as required for brewing
- Dedicate work style that adheres to quality and safety rules and best practices
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Desire to work on a fun collaborative team
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Collaborative and creative
Responsibilities will include:
- Participates in brewing and packaging operations in shifts with brewery staff as necessary, including some weekend shifts and late-night shifts
- Participates in a broad range of brewing activities including CIP, transfers, brewhouse operation, kegging, milling in, general cleaning, order staging, packaging, quality testing and control, sales, cellar management, tracking of fermentation, tracking key data points throughout the brewing and fermentation process, and yeast management
- Works with Brew team to identify and implement best practices
- Develop the Barrel program and sour production bottling
- Operates in a manner which is:
- Safe for all individuals involved
- Meets or exceeds the expected quality
- Follows established and best practice procedures
- Ensure safe operations of equipment and use of safety standards throughout operations and the workflow and proactively identifies improvements to processes and systems that support effectiveness and efficiency of the brew process.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a lab environment, sterile environment, or in a food industry strongly preferred
- Forklift Certification or experience on a forklift
- Education in a technical degree applicable to brewing or brewing science
We take our jobs seriously but not ourselves; we love to laugh, have fun, and dig in to work hard when it is time. We value honesty, integrity, and diversity. We are dedicated to producing high quality and delightful beer.
This is a full-time salaried position. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance as well as paid holidays, paid time off, a flexible schedule, Employee Assistance Program, and a merchandise allowance.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Annual Salary Range
Pay: $48,000 - $50,000