Marketing and Events Manager
Fremont Brewing Company
Do you believe Beer Matters? Do you want to work with people who do? If you answered YES! to both questions and you meet ALL the required skills for this position, read on…. Fremont Brewing is hiring a full-time Marketing and Events Manager reporting to our President. This position is Seattle based and is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communication plans in alignment with our sales team to promote Fremont Brewing through different mixed media marketing tactics including social media, and on-site events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing and Communications
- Generate and manage all marketing plans for Fremont Brewing in collaboration with senior management
- Work with Wholesale distribution partners to provide sales/marketing assets
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of business objectives and market characteristics
- Maintain all Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Untappd and others
- Work with Fremont management to gather information to establish and post monthly calendars, beer releases, newsletters, etc.
- Expand Fremont’s existing list of media contacts and relationships to increase brand awareness and focus media articles on brand pillars
- Develop and pitch creative story ideas to the press for additional coverage in the media
- Work with the Sales Team to create content that clearly articulate sales and marketing strategies to help motivate distributor partners retailers and end consumer
- Responsible for creative idea generation and planning of organized events in the Urban Beer Garden and onsite at the two brewery locations that appropriately reflect the Fremont brand and personality
- Manage the Events Team and work associated with beer festivals, account events and representation of Fremont at beer conferences
- Promote these events and engage our fans, community, and potential customers
- Work with the team to manage a merchandise program that accurately reflects Fremont Brewing and meets the needs of our guests, staff, and distributor partners
- Responsible for working with various merchandise providers on orders, pricing, etc
- Work with Graphics Manager to keep our website information up to date
- Responsible for ensuring that the online store is up to date
- Coordinate with Graphics Manager on content creation for events, posters, social media, etc.
- Coordinate with Graphics Manager on content creation for Facebook event page covers, posters for in-house, and graphics for sales and ads as needed
- Keep our media and internal asset managers up to date with graphics, sell sheets, renders, etc.
- Create and distribute monthly updates: monthly marketing, sales, and marketing schedule, social media statistics, and brew updates
- Assist with annual budget generation and manage quarterly budget reconciliation
- Employee celebrations/event planning in coordination with HR
- Managing updates to the beer release calendar
- Bachelor’s marketing degree or equivalent working experience
- 4+ years of working experience in a marketing role
- 2+ years of work experience in a creative leadership role
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and ‘got your back’ team attitude
- Excellent project management skills, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, organized, focused, professional, and punctual
- Proven ability to be awesome
- The desire to learn and work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to think outside the box and propose new ideas
- Strong ability not to be a bummer
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer and an active participant in the craft beer community
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and work onsite, travel, and work nights or weekends as needed for events
- Strong communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Valid Driver License, squeaky-clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years old
- General office demands include ability to remain in a stationary position as well as ability to move about the brewery in a spiffy fashion
- Use of a computer for extended periods not unusual
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Able to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, smile, lift, kneel, shout with joy, tell a good joke, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 55 pounds) and leap tall buildings with a single bound
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor and in both hot and cold temperatures with varying weather
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.