Field Sales Representative - Baltimore
Bell's Brewery, Inc
JOB TITLE: Field Sales Representative - Baltimore
LOCATION: Baltimore, Maryland
REPORTS TO: DE & MD Lead Brewery Representative
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried
POSTING DATES: 5/14/21 – 6/3/21
POSITION SUMMARY: Grows sales, increase brand presence, and ensure product quality through key account calls, promotional events, and working with distributor sales personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Embraces how diversity and eccentricities make Bell’s a better company. Operates in a spirit of open and honest cooperation while valuing the inherent self-worth & dignity of every employee.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key retailers and restaurateurs in area.
- Assume a leadership role in implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors, retailers, and restaurateurs in area.
- Assist Area Sales Manager in communicating Breweries objectives, policies, and procedures with distributor partners.
- Conduct in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
- Ensure that the Breweries quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Use data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
- Ensure proper use of available legal point of sale items throughout territory
- Assist Area Sales Manager in communicating sales data and market relevant insights with distributor partners.
- Attend all Regional & Brewery Sales team meetings as requested
- Represent both Breweries at selected festivals and events such as but not limited to brewery dinners, tastings, and promotions
- Sell in and conduct training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on all aspects of Bell’s products.
- Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
- High level of craft beer product knowledge
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
- Strong organizational & planning skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or military equivalent.
- Two years of industry experience selling craft beer.
- Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer.
- In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in this geography.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Bell’s beer are required.
- Travel is required.
Bell’s Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. At Bell’s Brewery we believe diversity and eccentricities make us a better company. Across every department and at every level, Bell’s Brewery is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because it's who we are. We value and recognize the inherit self-worth and dignity of every employee and strive to uphold a work environment that allows every employee to thrive as their full selves.