Utah Market Manager
Upslope Brewing Company
Upslope Brewing Company, a certified B Corp, is looking to add a talented Market Manager to the Utah market in order to develop new partnerships and grow brewery sales. Upslope is dedicated to bringing people together over quality craft beer / hard seltzer and the pursuit of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are looking for an experienced team player that can continue to further develop one of our core markets!
The Market Manager is responsible for representing the Upslope brand while expanding sales for the brewery in on and off-premise accounts in Utah. This position also is responsible for managing distributor partner relationships and assisting the Director of Sales & Marketing and National Accounts Manager with chain account management.
- Support and grow all accounts, with focus on Top 100 accounts in sales territory
- Build relationships with buyers and sales teams at all on-premise and off-premise accounts
- Meet quotas for monthly on-premise and off-premise market events/samplings
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between accounts and distributors
- Direct, weekly communication with distributor sales reps and managers responsible for the Utah territory
- Scheduling monthly "work-withs" and other creative efforts (lunch, happy hours, brewery tours, etc.) that collectively builds camaraderie between distributors, accounts, and Upslope
- Strategically target key accounts with distributors to increase points of distribution, rate of sale and promotional opportunities
- Managing inventory of distributor warehouse within your territory, and working with brand manager to par levels
- Managing allocated specialty beers and appropriately communicating information to accounts and distributors
- Work closely with Upslope's Marketing Manager on all marketing efforts in territory including: coordinating POS orders between distributor, accounts and Upslope; and assisting with overall marketing, advertising and branding vision for Upslope Brewing Company in this territory
- Find and facilitate appropriate event sponsorship, with definable ROI, in sales territory
Reporting & Management
- Reporting to the Upslope Sales Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing on sales and marketing efforts on an identified, routine basis
- Development of weekly pre-plans and follow-through actions
- Maintain complete and accurate account information and sales data in Lilypad CRM
- Recruit, train, schedule and manage part-time promo staff to assist in meeting market events quotas
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & CULTURE
Upslope offers a transparent, fun, and unique work environment with an emphasis on teamwork, autonomy, and innovation. We value all our employees and strive to ensure each understands the impact s/he has on our mission. We hustle, work smart, and live our Après Everything motto. We work for great beer (and hard seltzer), and get paid in dollars.
Highlights of our Compensation Package include:
- Competitive base salary plus performance based bonus structure
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Hours
- Medical/ Dental/Vision with Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- 401(k) with Company Match from day one
- Cellphone stipend and mileage reimbursements
- Free beer, work apparel and merchandise discounts
- Discounts and Pro Deals on outdoor equipment / activities
- Professional Development opportunities
- And more...
- Must be 21+
- Clean driving record (no DUI, DWAI)
- 4-year degree in Business or a related field preferred
- 2-3 years of beer experience or similar sales experience preferred
- Other desirable skills: MS Office, GSuite, CRM systems, technical beer knowledge
- Must have passion for Craft Beer, the independent brewing community and the great outdoors
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk; and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and be able to move kegs weighing close to 165 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Employee will most likely spend ample time in a car, their home, and/or accounts. The noise levels will vary based on location. Travel is required for this position and will vary based on business needs.