Head of Marketing
About Petit Pot
Back in 2014, while trying to find the perfect dessert to go with dinner, Max, a French pastry chef by trade, saw something was missing on American grocery store shelves: Pot de Crème! Though a traditional dessert in France, this sweet, creamy pudding is relatively unknown in America. As a fan of all things sweet Max knew he had to fix this, and so he started Petit Pot in San Francisco.
Petit Pot is positioned to appeal to dessert lovers who want to indulge in small, fresh, high-quality & organic desserts and are dissatisfied with mass-produced, processed dessert with additives, preservatives, and artificial ingredients. Our premium pudding desserts are crafted with care by Max. Our recipes are made just as you would at home using simple ingredients and are easily accessible at a value everyone can enjoy.
Petit Pot is now distributed in over 6,000 stores nationally: Whole Foods, Costco, Safeway, Wegmans, Shoprite, Publix, Harris Teeter, HEB, Walmart as well as via e-commerce: own DTC, Amazon, Imperfect Foods, Fresh Direct, Good Eggs, Farm Fresh to You and others.
Head of Marketing
The Head of Marketing plays a key role in developing and executing the commercialization and consumer marketing strategy for Petit Pot. We are seeking a highly motivated, creative, team player to work cross-functionally with 3rd party creative agencies and product development teams to bring our robust product innovation pipeline to market. This role will work closely on new packaging development and marketing plan development / implementation. The Manager has a deep passion for Food/CPG industry and has experience bringing a high growth product to market. We are looking for a self-starter and team player with strong project management, creativity, and attention to detail. This role will have high impact from Day One.
- Perform research and category data analysis to identify brand positioning and opportunities for growth.
- Project-manage new product development initiatives to achieve fast-paced product launches.
- Manage creative agencies for product development and ensure consistent creative execution.
- Develop, maintain, and consistently communicate compelling brand positions and differentiation.
- Partner with PR team, paid media and influencers to ensure continuity and maximize brand exposure
- Manage graphic designers and vendors to develop, produce and maintain library of sales, merchandising and marketing tools.
- Oversee, monitor and prepare reports on performance of all efforts.
- Track and manage relevant budgets.
- We are a lean and fast-growing team and will expect the Head of Marketing to have an “owner-mentality”. and take on responsibilities above and beyond current scope.
- This is a full-time role based @HQ in Emeryville, CA
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- 5+ years in brand management role or consumer marketing within CPG; food or beverage preferred
- Strong cross-functional team player with experience leading new product development efforts
- Data-driven decision maker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment without much direction or supervision and with a can-do attitude
- Exceptional sense of urgency, with strong aptitude for learning and problem-solving
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary & PTO policy
- Employer-sponsored medical plan & 401K
- Casual dress code / Gym reimbursement
- An ambitious, fun, startup work environment with limitless career growth
- Requirements: Resume + Cover Letter + listing 3 references