Off the Grid Brewing Company
Off The Grid Brewing Company
Off The Grid Brewing Company, located in Apple Valley, California, is seeking a full-time shift brewer to join our growing team and help with our expansion. Established in 2010, Off The Grid is a family owned and operated brewery known for good beer and a laid back intimate atmosphere. We specialize in brewing Classic Style Beers and Unique Seasonal Beers. We have a large selection of Lagers and IPAs. Some of our best-known beers include our flagship Trailblazer Imperial Red, Backcountry IPA, Norwegian Farmhouse Ale, Jalapeno Lager, Apple Lager, Smoke Jumper Rauch Beer and Machu Pichu Chocolate Porter.
Off The Grid Brewery opened our Apple Valley tap room in February 2016. We brew on a 5bbl, split 2 vessel system (Psyhco Brew System). In addition to our Tasting Room sales, our production includes Barrel Aged Bottles, Growlers, Crowlers and Kegs for distribution to accounts throughout the High Desert of Southern California.
A shift brewer is responsible for all aspects of the brewing process including brewing, fermentation, cellaring, and finishing. This employee must be a hardworking, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for craft beer and a desire to continue learning and growing within the industry. The candidate should also be a sociable person who is comfortable occasionally representing the brewery in public. Natural leadership, integrity, loyalty, and a good sense of humor are all factors in who we hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operating brewhouse and producing batches from start to finish
• Yeast handling and management
• Cellaring duties including fermentation management
• CIP (clean-in-place) of brewing and fermentation tanks, and other equipment • Logging of all brewing related notes from brew day through fermentation, finishing, and packaging
• Following SOP (standard operating procedure) in each phase of brewing, fermentation, and packaging
• Maintaining clean brewing practices in the brewhouse and cellar
• Executing preventative maintenance on all brewhouse and cellar equipment
• Monitoring raw material inventory
• Two years of experience in a commercial production brewery or high-volume brew pub • A strong passion for brewing modern American beers as well as the desire to push the boundaries of experimental brewing
• An advanced understanding of all aspects of brewing including cellaring, yeast handling, CIP, and sanitization
• Strong organizational habits, a self-motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Flexibility in terms of hours and a willingness to work night shifts, weekends, and overtime • Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office/spreadsheet programs • Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work as part of a team
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERABLE
• An understanding of quality assurance (QA) methods and techniques, laboratory operations, and basic knowledge of chemistry and biology
• Prior packaging, bottling, and racking experience
• Mechanical experience and aptitude
• Forklift operation or certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
• Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc. • Willing to work in wet, hot and cold conditions
• Willing to work in consistently loud environments
• Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs
Off The Grid Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think you have what it takes to join this exciting company, please apply here.
Hiring target: July/2021