Around the Bend Beer Company
Around the Bend (ATB), an innovative regional craft brewery located in Chicago, IL, is looking to add a sales-chart-buster to the team!
The Sales Representative is a strategic role at ATB because (s)he lays the foundation for critical partnerships with our on-premise and off-premise accounts and is the primary way that the brewery will grow the availability and demand of our beers, through distribution, visibility, and strict adherence to quality control standards.
This position’s primary territory will be the northern half of Chicagoland’s eight-county metro area.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining new business through draught and cans placements at new On- and Off-premise accounts
- Managing new product approvals in chain accounts
- Maintaining and increasing business in existing account
- Educating distributor sales teams and their retailers about our portfolio of beers
- Coordinating and working events, promotions, and tastings throughout the area
- Improving the visibility and position of ATB beers and POS in the marketplace
- Working closely with local distributor sales team in the field and presenting at their weekly sales meetings from time to time regarding product release schedules, programming and incentives
- Communicating weekly recap reports
- Performing other administrative duties in a timely fashion (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, surveys, and all other duties as they are assigned)
Critical Skills & Requirements:
- Sales experience (any category) is required, beer distributor and retail interaction experience is a plus (direct management of distributors, representation of brands to retail)
- Beverage alcohol experience (familiar with legal structure, promotion requirements and three tier system)
- Certified Beer Server and/or Certified Cicerone (preferred) or demonstrated passion for great craft beer
- Self-starter with great work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization skills are a must
- Enthusiasm to build and maintain relationships
- Honesty, professionalism, and comfort with public speaking
- Ability to lift 35-lb cases, use own car (clean driving record is required), and work at night/on weekends to host retail sampling or on-premise events and beer festivals
- Modest travel for distributor meetings and event representation
- Experience with VIP and other reporting tools preferred
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge of and passion for the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery or distributor, ability to excel in an autonomous work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important as is the capability to multi-task, along with a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.We offer a robust benefits package and a graduated commission structure to augment base salary.