Area Sales Manager
Energy Drink Distributor
CAB Enterprises, Inc (“CAB Enterprises, or the “Company”) is the exclusive sales and customer service Company representing Electrolit Beverages in North America and Europe. The primary objective of CAB Enterprises is to lead the growth of Electrolit Beverage sales in the United States.
(1) San Francisco, CA
(2) Sacramento, CA
The successful candidate will be responsible for generating new business relationships
while also growing the existing business in the assigned sales territory. The job responsibilities will be focused on multiple distribution channels in the sales territory. We are looking for a professional with selling experience in the functional beverage category and its subcategories.
- Sell our brand portfolio to retailers in coordination with local DSD distributors and wholesalers.
- Educate and manage Sales & Merchandising team and Direct Store Delivery (DSD) reps on product knowledge, proper selling strategy, and effective merchandising by working in the trade with each of your TSM teams. In the trade start time or logging in expectation is by 7:00 am.
- Achieve optimal in-store merchandising space, full SKU sets, POS placements, and multiple points of distribution. Build a strong rapport with your retail store owners, managers, and staff.
- Work with your TSM team (Trade Sales & Merchandising) reps and DSD reps for ride-along to sell, merchandize, train, relationship manage with and audit their performance a minimum of 90% of your time.
- Merchandise products from the backroom and fill cooler shelves, racks, and other display locations.
- Ensure all equipment, racks, clings, posters, and other points of sales are current, clean, and presented in a way that meets brand standards
- Service existing accounts, obtain and process orders, and proactively establish new accounts.
- Keep management informed regarding competition and trends in the beverage industry.
- Work with demo coordinator to schedule demos, advertising, and assist other activation opportunities such as trade shows and grand openings.
- Visit each account at least once every 6 weeks to build a business relationship. Optimize merchandising execution, promotional programming, and support. High-priority stores will be visited more often.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Meet or exceed annual new and existing customer revenue and profit goals for all of the company's products in the sales territory in multiple categories.
- Have an "entrepreneurial" mentality in expanding and selling new customers in the sales territory within the functional beverage sets in the store.
- Communicate and review quarterly KPI objectives and strategize how to meet and exceed goals.
- KPI objectives will set for the ASM’s as well as the TSM’s from management and will change as the business evolves.
- Communicate competitive positions and activities.
- Responsible for recapping the success/failure of key marketing and sales meetings.
- Conduct product training to new and existing customers.
- Attend kick-off meetings with DSD partners and other distributors.
- Review sales results and customer satisfaction measures and compare them to established objectives and take actions to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to meet expectations.
- Manage and control local expense budgets to expected results.
- Manage and control local working trade expense budgets to expected results.
- Management of any pricing and contract concessions to guidelines as outlined by sales management.
- Achieve satisfactory sales, profit, and market share performance of company's products and services to budgeted standards.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of the sales territory- grocery (independent and chain), distributor, wholesaler, and retailer.
- Experienced in a fast-paced, "start-up" entrepreneurial environment.
- Present company message and demonstrate products and services in person or remotely.
- Ability to present, negotiate and successfully close accounts with the assigned territory.
- Attend trade shows and other marketing events.
- Be able to prepare and present monthly reports on a timely basis.
- Work within an assigned expense budget and submit monthly expense reports.
- Be prepared and organized for all sales meetings.
- Lead and manage Sales and Merchandising Representatives and any other representatives in your territory.
- Create and plan teamwork schedules within limits assigned and oriented towards achieving sales and customer retention goals.
- Create merchandising goals with the regional sales manager to achieve the company's tactical sales and promotional plans.
- Implement distributor goals with the regional sales manager to achieve the company's tactical sales and promotional plans.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must be fluent in English, Spanish strongly preferred.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT, Teams)
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of EDI process preferred.
- Three years of experience in the beverage industry.
- CPG experience is mandatory
- DSD Beverage experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, or military service preferred.
- Direct selling experience in the beverage industry is required.
- Ability to travel daily within the territory at least 90% is required
- Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) are required.
- Great sales, communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Physically capable of bending and lifting up to 30 pounds, ability to set up displays, adjust shelves during resets, move product, etc. as necessary during account calls.
- Must be fluent in English. Spanish or bi-lingual is a plus.
- Full third-party background check and investigation is mandatory -criminal history, drug screening, driving record, reference checks.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherited in the occupation.
Cab Enterprises Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity and is free of discrimination. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment might be subject to passing a drug test.