Vice President of Marketing
Based in Boulder, CO, Purely Elizabeth is a high-growth natural foods company focused on creating products using elevated, nutrient-rich ingredients. Their award-winning products include granola, oatmeal and baking mixes. Founded in 2009 by Elizabeth Stein, a certified holistic nutrition counselor, the company is dedicated to helping consumers thrive on their wellness journey.
Purely Elizabeth is seeking a highly motivated Vice President of Marketing to lead the strategy and development of marketing, innovation, & e-commerce programs. The Vice President of Marketing must possess strong analytical skills with creative and innovative thinking to build brand awareness and drive business growth. This position reports to Elizabeth Stein, Founder + CEO and will lead and continue to build a best-in-class marketing team, currently consisting of 9 highly talented individuals.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
Guide Brand Strategy
- Develop strategy and set direction for all marketing initiatives to drive increased brand awareness and trial. This includes marketing planning and analysis, brand strategy, packaging design, consumer marketing, shopper marketing, digital and social strategy, media planning, PR & e-commerce.
- Work with the CEO to build and unify the creative direction of the brand and overall messaging for the company.
- Ensure strong clarity of consumer targets and messaging platforms for the team.
- Guide the marketing team to design and execute dynamic experiences bringing all aspects of the brand to life through strong content, partnerships, media, advertising campaigns, etc.
- Utilize modern and traditional consumer research and data analysis techniques to identify insights to inform forward marketing & sales strategy and external communication.
- Partner closely with sales team to develop strategies and plans that support growth across product platforms and retailers.
- Tactically utilize and monitor performance metrics that not only drive ROI and continuous KPI improvements across all marketing channels, but also meet budget goals and track efficiency of spend.
- Maintain constant pulse of competitive landscape identifying trends, innovations, new products and both current and emerging competitors.
- Set & manage the marketing budget in partnership with the CEO.
Team and Marketing Leader
- Lead and inspire a high-performing and analytics-driven marketing team that possesses depth on both online and offline channels.
- Methodically build the marketing team and define work plans, goal setting, and career ladders.
- Develop processes to ensure cross-functional collaboration and intra-marketing team success.
Digital + E-Commerce Strategy
- Set direction for e-commerce prioritization and investment across current and new marketplaces including retailer owned e-commerce platforms.
- Guide and unify overall brand media strategy to integrate e-commerce advertising with brand building advertising tactics (ie. media partnerships, podcasts, display and programmatic advertising, OTT, social, and e-commerce directed advertising).
- Provide guidance and direction for build of 3-year innovation pipeline.
- Provide guidance and direction for in-market evaluation and pivots where necessary for recent new item launches.
- Work closely with cross-functional team and Sr. Innovation Manager to ensure product development initiatives have sound strategic foundations, are well researched and thought through, and are executed with excellence.
- Support integration of sustainability initiatives into innovation pipeline.
- Engage closely in consumer research that supports new product learning + existing innovation optimization.
- Provide guidance and direction for the development of go-to-market strategies and strong marketing plans for new product launches
- Education: BA degree required, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of marketing experience in consumer-packaged goods with a passion for small, entrepreneurial natural foods brands.
- Strong team leadership skills. Experience leading a marketing team to effectively drive growth for a modern, consumer-facing brand.
- Proven record of effectively working collaboratively across functions.
- Expert in marketing strategy; ability to think about the company direction and goals and identify executable marketing strategies across a full spectrum of marketing channels that will drive to those goals.
- Strong knowledge of integrated marketing, digital marketing, media, social media, PR, shopper marketing, packaging design, creative + messaging strategy.
- Experience in developing strategy and execution of e-commerce business is a plus.
- Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading change in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in building marketing talent with the ability to attract, retain and develop talent.
- Highly motivated, action-oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Impeccable work ethic, flexible, hands-on and can adapt quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills to work effectively with all stakeholders.
- Strong leader of people with an ability to set vision, inspire a team, and motivate people to work well together.
- Creative problem-solver and conceptual thinker with an ability to understand and leverage detail-oriented and analytical issues as needed.
- Ability to work effectively and productively with an owner/operator/entrepreneur.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to influence business partners.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Benefits include, health and dental insurance, 401k plan
- Summer hours, social office gatherings, and more
- An ambitious, fun, startup work environment
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com