Food Quality and Safety Manager
Come work for a company that is pioneering plant-based food dedicated to inspiring plant-based living!
Are you an inspirational leader? Flexible yet also disciplined when it comes to documentation? Importantly, have a strong understanding of audit requirements, especially Kosher, Organic and BRC?
We are an innovative and family-owned company that is growing & passionate about making an impact on our food systems. WayFare creates plant-based, read-to-eat cream cheeses, dips, sour creams and more! The production plant is located in Nebraska City, NE and our corporate headquarters are located in Bozeman, MT.
The Food Quality and Safety Manager is responsible for leading and directing all facets of the production facility’s quality and food safety functions. The position oversees all food safety regulations, policies, and procedures. This critical role helps to enhance, maintain and enforce security and food safety standards, policies and programs including food safety, regulatory, and other third-party audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOPs), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering or Food Science preferred); Master’s Degree Preferred
- A minimum of 5 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment in fast moving consumer goods required
- Current PCQI Certification
- A background in GFSI audits, preferably BRC
- Experience in Organic and Kosher Certification
- Understanding of FDA regulations, HARPC/HACCP, GMPs, SOPs
- 2+ years’ quality assurance lab experience
- Ability to effectively build productive, efficient, engaged teams
- Focused and driven to deliver agreed targets on revenue and margin
- Expert-level problem solving and analytical abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: written and verbal
- Collaborative style and inclination
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to apply statistical process control concepts