San Tan Brewing and Distilling
SanTan Brewing Company Production Brewer
SanTan Brewing Company was born in 2007 with a Mission to craft uncommon quality for everyday occasions. Quality and Consistency have established SanTan as the largest independent Craft Brewery in the state of Arizona. In 2015, SanTan Spirits was born, and our Brewers now have a line of beer influenced Spirit washes that are brewed to produce our Award-winning spirits. SanTan is looking for talented individuals that want to be part of a team that is continually learning and improving on our practices and products.
General responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Raw ingredient receiving/management
- Operate centrifuge with maximum attention to clarity and yield.
- Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
- Ensuring that the paper work and associated reporting is done accurately and on time
- Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and counts/viabilities)
- Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
- CIP/Sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, centrifuge, and brite beer tanks)
- Mash tun cleaning including removal of spent grain
- Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and quality assurance
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies
- Understand and be able to assist in canning/kegging when needed
- Strong technical knowledge of brewing, fermentation and the finishing stage of beer production
- Fermentation/Brewing degree or certificate from an accredited college
- Flexible work schedule
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems
- A great attitude and passion for craft beer!
All employees are expected to be able to:
- Have a strong focus on quality, safety and efficiency, constantly evaluating work practices in the spirit of “always improving”.
- Lift up to 65 pounds repeatedly and maneuver 175 lbs. kegs as needed.
- Twist/turn, reach over shoulders, and stand/walk on a continual basis.
- Work on your feet for over eight hours at a time.
- Work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Work safely with chemicals of varying composition.
- Work in damp/wet areas.
- Multi-task and follow standard operating procedures.
- Work independently as well as be a team player.
- Possess a strong mechanical ability with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Work all shifts, additional hours & weekends as necessary
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with the company and maintain a positive attitude
- Operate a pallet jack and complete forklift certification
- Be an open and good communicator. Respect for fellow co-workers, supervisors, and managers.