Lock 27 Brewing
Lock 27 Brewing, a GABF Award winning brewery located in Dayton OH, is searching for strong candidates to lead our R&D brewery. This position will report directly to the CEO/CBO and be a guiding member of the company’s cross functional development team. The primarily responsibilities include developing concepts in collaboration, crafting scalable costed recipes directly with the CBO, and executing recipes for the public in our pilot brewhouse.
In addition, the Innovation Brewer will work closely with the production brewery as a test bed and technical consultant as Lock 27 Brewing pursues its path of continuous process improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as brewery subject matter expert on Brewing & Fermentation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Willing to participate in a collaborative cross functional development process
- Develops and tests process improvements for implementation in our production brewhouse
- Manage the Pilot House production schedule and labor
- Stay up to date on industry developments, ideas, and best practices
- Participates in creation and upkeep of standard operating and safety procedures in the brewhouse(s)
- Ensures all paperwork is thoroughly completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary brewhouse on public display
- Assists in training of incoming brewers in the production brewhouse
- Participates in brewery tastings (cellar, aged, product development, etc.)
- Attends special events, brewers’ industry meetings and brewery staff meetings
- Manage barrel aging program at both breweries
- Manage the sour aging program at both breweries
- At least 3 year of experience as a professional brewer
- Formal brewing education preferred
- Able to work independently with urgency
- Strong preference for the “science of brewing”
- Desire to accurately document work, and ability to operate in a repeatable manner.
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to work well in a cross functional team
- Proven success in a leadership role managing subordinate employees
- Experience with preventive maintenance, ordering and inventory management, record keeping and data analysis
- Experience with brewery quality assurance and quality control plans
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Strong positive culture
- Common belief at all levels in working together to achieve the best