Vice President of National Accounts- West
Sweetwater Brewing Company
SweetWater Brewing is looking for help in a big way. As we expand our western footprint, we are looking for a heavy hitter to get our brands into the right hands (see what I did there?). Our VP of National Accounts- West will be responsible for growing our chain business west of the the ol' Mighty Mississippi. If you have what it takes please drop us a line.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with CMO and VP of Sales on establishing strategic direction for national accounts department.
- Build and implement revenue, sales and distribution targets for west coast national accounts team.
- Set and monitor sales targets for national account managers.
- Hire, train and manage national account managers/directors based on their individual developmental needs.
- Network with key customers to identify and address specific needs.
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop fact-based presentations that support business plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to ensure long-term success.
- Provide monthly business reporting and forecasting to management.
- Work with business development manager to establish price feature strategy and schedule and evaluation of promotional effectiveness.
- Achieve superior execution of chain programming across multiple distributor geographies through effective communication, coordination, follow through and leadership.
- Effectively communicate with field sales team and distributor network to ensure execution against mandated and authorize product distribution.
- Build and maintain relationships with key distributor personnel through verbal and written communication.
- Assist business development in market expansion into the west coast by providing insights and analysis on national accounts and distributor network.
- Participate in west coast market expansion planning and executional meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior sales experience in beer or spirits necessary.
- Proven work experience as a National account manager.
- Solid experience in sales and customer service.
- Strong written and oral communication, including ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations.
- Knowledge and working experience with west coast national accounts in all channels.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting client’s requirements.
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Ability to travel frequently (approximately 50% of the time).
- Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Excel.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members.
- Availability to travel as needed.
- BS degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field.