Sales Director (Texas)
Gentle Ben Spirits
The Director of Sales will manage Gentle Ben Spirit’s brand portfolio (a division of Persedo Spirits)and sales/marketing team. The successful candidate will build & leverage key customer relationships and set forth the portfolio’s sales and marketing strategy. This individual will train, mentor, and manage brand ambassadors and any other such sales staff employed by the company. This position reports directly to the President and can be based anywhere in the state of Texas.
- Strategically manage and coordinate Brand activities to meet or exceed divisional operating profit, net sales, depletion, and annual case objectives.
- Hire, train, mentor, and manage staff within the Division. Lead team to strive for top performance within respective markets via effective coaching and performance management techniques.
- Partner with key customers to develop pricing, promotional, merchandising, and innovative strategies, drive accountability for rollout and full implementation as defined.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key customers, stakeholders, and distributor partners.
- Develop budgets and operating plans congruent with strategic plans, and responsibly manage operating expenses.
- Continually investigate and identify brand growth opportunities for the company and ways in which it can improve.
- Be an ambassador for the company and its brands.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
Must be highly energetic, creative, self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit. Requires excellent communication skills; proficient computer skills including CRM, electronic mail, spreadsheet, internet, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years’ sales leadership experience in the distilled spirits industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of principles/methods for promoting and selling beverage alcohol products in various sales channels.
- Accurate and timely reporting of metrics meeting reporting requirements as directed by the President.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coaching, and developing an accountable, high-performing team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills including CRM, E-Mail, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Up to 50% travel, occasional evening and weekend work attending events as required.
- Valid driver’s license.