Novamex - Nova Naturals Division
Are you looking for more than just a job; for a company where you're more than just an employee, you're a team member; a place where you can earn above average pay and a company that still believes in rewarding their team members?
If so, NovaNaturals, a natural products division of Novamex is the place for you. Our products are all natural and our leading the path in the natural division.
C2O Pure Coconut Water is made from 100% Pure young green coconuts. Not all coconut waters are created equal. Fresh from the inland coconut groves of Thailand, C2O Pure Coconut Water fuses a unique, full-flavor profile with all of the naturally occurring electrolytes sweet Mother Nature has to offer.
Steaz is made from 100% organic ingredients and was created with one purpose – to make the best tasting organic green tea beverages and organic energy drinks on the planet.
Tio Gazpacho makes a incredibly savory ready-to-drink soup. Our products are all-natural, gluten/dairy/soy free, vegan, plant-based, paleo friendly and Whole30 approved.
Refresh your career by joining and leading our dynamic sales team as a Brand Assistant to join our growing Nova Natural team in our Long Beach, California area.
Acts on the Brand Managers behalf on different issues related to the development and implementation of brand strategies by executing tasks assigned by the Marketing Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Along with Brand Managers assists in the creation and implementation of promotional strategies and execution schedule.
· Works with Brand Managers to formulate brand budgets and is responsible for managing ARM entries, reconciling brand promotional budget, and reporting to the Brand Managers any discrepancies.
· Monitors and conducts analysis of sales budgets via Cognos and is accountable for pulling and interpreting monthly Spins / IRI sales reports and other market data to disseminate to the sales force.
· Monitors and conducts analysis of consumer behavior via Numerator and other brand studies that support the Brand Manager in developing brand stories that can be easily shared across the organization.
· Responsible for creating sales and marketing presentations to support our core customers and channel partners across natural and conventional channels.
· Supports the overall marketing department with analysis on the “5 P’s of Marketing” (product, price, promotion, placement, and people) for assigned brands throughout the company’s appropriate departments.
· Communicates with sales and other Novamex departments (ie. Finance & Operations) on behalf of the Marketing Department.
· Supports the Brand Manager in the execution of the overall marketing plan and offers suggestions to improve marketing efficiencies and overall impact.
· Develops and executes marketing materials as assigned by the Brand Manager and Marketing Director.
· Responsible for completion of assigned projects within quality and time constraints.
· Coordinates brand projects and activities with outside support agencies.
· Responsible for other objectives as outlined in the employees Performance Objectives Section of the Performance Appraisal form.
· The marketing department is involved in projects that are highly confidential. Inside information on projects, brands, strategies, or other tasks are not to be shared or commented on with personnel outside the department without the approval of the marketing director. The Brand Assistant is expected to keep all business related to the department and all issues related to the individuals in the department to him or herself.
The candidate needs to be self-motivated, organized, and highly productive, with the ability to work well on a diverse and highly qualified team in a fast-paced work environment. Be effective in working as a member of a team within their perspective department as well as with other personnel and other areas within Novamex.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S.) from four-year or university; or two to three years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Microsoft excel - 3 years of experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents in both English and Spanish. Have the ability to respond in both English and Spanish to common inquiries or complaints from customers and shareholders effectively. Have the ability to present information to management or customers clearly and concisely.
Have the ability to perform business calculations to include discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages. Demonstrate an understanding of algebra.
Have the ability to solve practical problems involving a variety of concrete variables in situations where a limited standardization exists. To be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer and Other Skills:
· Must have practical expertise in working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Power Point. Experience running advanced pivot tables and analysis in Excel is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities, although may occasionally require supervision of an intern assigned to a specific project.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Individual must be able to travel as the business requires. In addition weekend work is a possibility based on need.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; the worker is required to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.