Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
Western Smokehouse Partners
Western Smokehouse Partners is the leading manufacturing solution for premium, crafted protein snacks, co-manufacturing for the top brands in the industry at our plants in Illinois and Missouri. We are well-capitalized and focused on rapidly growing our business. We value hospitality. We provide our customers with so much more than meat snacks: they truly value our world-class service, manufacturing knowledge and supply chain support. The Quality and Food Safety department spearheads our commitment to hospitality and is therefore one of the most mission critical departments in the company.
We are currently looking for a Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance. The Director leads the FSQA function of all three plants, as well as developing the strategy and vision for the department. This position will directly manage three FSQA managers and reports to the VP of Operations.
- Assures WS Partners meets regulatory compliance in the areas of Quality, Food Safety, and legal requirements for USDA, FDA, etc.
- Provide support regarding implementation and sustainability of SQF programs and certification
- Act as a strategic thinker to implement and improve the ongoing food safety program in collaboration with all cross-functional operations teams
- Provide guidance, direction, and coaching to plant FSQA leaders
- Represents the Food Safety and Quality function as part of the Leadership Team
- Implement strategies that enable hazard and risk prevention across the organization
- Ensure integrity of food safety and quality data
- Assists in preparation of and provides direction, support, and information for third party audits
- Develops policies and quality training programs to be implemented throughout the company
- B.S degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Food Safety or related field.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in a senior FSQA role with responsibility over multiple plants, preferred but not required
- Experience in meat processing industry preferred, but not required
- Self starter, problem solver, detail-oriented, collaborative, able to lead change, and continuously drive to improve processes.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company-match, and PTO. To apply, email resume and cover letter to Crystal Bohm at firstname.lastname@example.org