Area Sales Manager - East Seattle
Brew Dr. Kombucha
Position Summary: The Area Sales Manager’s core responsibility is to sell Brew Dr. Kombucha by maintaining and expanding the customer base, working with distributors, and supporting events, demos, and marketing efforts.
- Responsible for growing total territory points of distribution to achieve growth targets and account visits.
- Directly manage all aspects of assigned sales territory.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events as necessary.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys and reports as required.
- Secure display/secondary space, shelf space, and share of cold box.
- Improve BDK location to either #1 or #2 in every account. Secure a second point of distribution in the store, building displays, end caps, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility through point-of-sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Identify and successfully sell to new customers.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver sales presentations.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular route/call pattern to book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotional activities, offer after-sale follow-through, and provide BDK and kombucha education.
- Introduce and sell in new flavors and packages, including activities to support sell-through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise accounts.
- Conduct employee, distributor, wait staff/bartender education seminars.
At Distributor Level:
- Work with distributors to build awareness of our portfolio and programming.
- Assist in distributor BDK and Kombucha education.
- Partner with distributors to ensure the fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Work with distributor reps to open new accounts; sell in incremental flavors and packages by doing a ride long.
- Make sure distributors have enough POS materials and that each rep has the necessary monthly amount.
- Ensure all equipment is ready to go out into the trade (stickers placed on refrigerators, etc.).
- Call on accounts independently; sell BDK products, fill out daily reports, and summarize the day via email to distributor DM and your regional BDK sales leader.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High-energy, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, goal-oriented self-starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Possess excellent problem solving and time management skill
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be able to travel daily and work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office Suite
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of BDK products, Kombucha, and the general beverage industry.
Candidate should have:
- A safe driving record.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Brew Dr:
In 2006, our CEO Matt Thomas founded Townshend’s Tea Company with the idea to bring the various ways in which tea is prepared all under one roof. Two years later, he started Brew Dr. Kombucha in the kitchen of the teahouse. Today, Brew Dr. operates from a 50,000 sq ft brewery in Tualatin, Oregon, and our products are sold in all 50 states and across Canada.
Explore tea, thoughtfully. Craft quality, tasty tea beverages with thoughtful care for our people, ingredients, and the planet.
Proud to be a B Corp:
Brew Dr. is proud to be the first national kombucha company to become a Certified B Corporation, joining the growing number of companies using business as a force for good.
Certified B Corporations meet rigorous standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance purpose and profit. Of the 40,000+ companies who have taken the assessment, only 5% passed in order to become B Corps. We’re proud to be in that 5%!