Manufacturing Operations Manager
Coca- Cola Bottling Company High Country
The Manufacturing Operations Manager is responsible for day to day activities of controlling, and coordinating all phases of local manufacturing. The Manufacturing Operations Manager is responsible for continuously improving our safety, quality, and efficiency scores. Continuous improvement efforts must drive organizational cultural, and process changes necessary for the identification and improvement of inefficiencies in process and workflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage annual department operating and capital budget, control expenses effectively, and provide explanation of budget variances to management.
- Develop, maintain, and improve metrics monitoring performance and attainment of objectives and key results.
- Understanding of Financial plan
- Collaborate with operations and sales management in order to improve CCNA quality indices
- Direct manufacturing activities to ensure maximum quality is delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
- Oversee the management of machinery and local building repairs.
- Drive manufacturing organization to high levels of safety and performance, as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of systems and processes to support customers and business needs
- Assist management with process equipment and product/package troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure reliable and timely launch and ongoing supply of products to the marketplace.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of production and storage areas.
- Monitor all CCNA, Federal and State communications/audits and implement any necessary changes
- Interface with all local, state, and federal authorities with regard to functional areas.
- Preserve physical appearance of local company grounds.
- Work in the leadership team to continuously foster a positive work environment and establish the organization as a premier employer.
- Coach managers and teams to help them succeed, providing clarity, detecting and resolving issues, instrumenting a framework for continuous improvement, and ensuring that the teams have what they need to deliver with quality, autonomy, and purpose.
- Select, supervise, evaluate and develop personnel.
- Manages staff selection, performance, and development to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach business goals and expectations.
- Implementation of Manufacturing KPIs
- Ensures robust security procedures and training are in place and that operations are following compliance as required by legislation and policy.
- Responsible for safety of employees supervised, the protection of machinery, and the prevention of widespread breakdown in production.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance and cost efficiencies.
- Develop, review, and implement actions resulting in continuous improvement in safety, product quality, product delivery, productivity, material utilization, customer service, workforce diversity, quality of work life, and lower manufacturing and production costs.
- Continuous improvement techniques with manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective internal and external relationships across functional and geographic boundaries in pursuit of business goals.
- Build strong teams and relationships with colleagues, direct reports, employees, customers, and suppliers
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- Will have a high degree of ownership, a growth-oriented mindset, and a passion for enabling your teams to succeed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years previous management experience in a related industry.
- Prior experience with project management.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems.
- Expertise in managing lean manufacturing operations is a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Mechanical skills.
- Ability to diagnose problems and formulate solutions on production machinery and building mechanical systems.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
- Delegation – Ability to delegate work, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Enthusiasm – Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Leadership – Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; accept feedback.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
- Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
- Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Honesty, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of maintenance and production staff.
- Coach and mentor staff in developing and achieving goals and objectives.
- Provide regular performance feedback.
- Continuing education to maintain certification and a current working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- New Hire Orientation
- Company’s Inter-Active Safety Training
- Allergen Awareness Training
- Diversity and Harassment Training
- Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors & Managers
- Work environment is both office and field; must be able to work at a desk and on feet for long periods of time. Field work involves but is not limited to, heights, confined space, and outdoors.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal or working on small components.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hearing protection dependent on specified areas.
- Hair Nets if working with open containers.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training and/or seminars.
- Some areas are slippery due to the production process.
- Warehouse area has heavy forklift traffic.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing for all positions and adheres to an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.