Key Account Manager - Off Premise
Half Acre Beer Company
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - OFF PREMISE
Half Acre Beer Co. is looking for a Key Account Manager - Off Premise. This position’s primary duties will be to develop and maintain our chain business sales strategies. Must have advanced knowledge with data analysis and comprehension of resources covering IRI, ACN, Armadillo, and VIP as well as documented experience and success utilizing a fact-based selling strategy to call on National account customers.
- Develop short and long-term chain business priorities and identify issues/opportunities across trade channels
- Deliver depletion, market share and distribution objectives
- Manage and develop customer relationships, ensuring focus and execution against company objectives and provide appropriate feedback and direction based on performance.
- Develop and execute sales programming ensuring consistency with company objectives within chain customer set.
- Develop effective working relationship with distributor chain management teams driving strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Analyze performance to address variances and ensure that corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Build the annual chain customer planning process and manage it to completion
- Provide management with market intelligence including sales trends, product developments and competitor activity, and recommend strategies to address these trends
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of malt beverages
- Calling on and developing programs with regional chains throughout the HABC footprint, including C-Stores, Liquor chains, and Grocery chains.
- Expand distribution by both number of accounts as well as number of SKU’s within accounts
- Expand shelf and display activity within off-premise accounts
- Work closely with the HABC Sales Team Director and Manager to maximize success in these regional chains and with the Marketing Team to ensure creative program
- Report monthly updates and progress to Sales Director.
- Has demonstrated the ability to evaluate information and prioritize actions in response to evaluation
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives in the beverage industry.
- Ability to integrate within a team while also working alone for a large percentage of the time
- Ability to develop and interpret spend, performance and financial reports
- Efficiently manage POS and local sales activation budget
- Efficiently manage monthly travel & entertainment budget
- Possess superior analytical skills
- Skilled at identifying opportunities and developing solutions
- Self-Starter and self-motivator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Superior sales presentation skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a willingness to travel and frequently travel for multiple days
- Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays to support sales activities
- Strong alignment to company culture and values
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or relevant post-secondary education are preferred
- Excellent Computer skills and is very knowledgeable/experienced with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Minimum 5 years adult beverage / consumer good industry experience
- Must have advanced knowledge with data analysis and comprehension of resources covering IRI, ANC, Armadillo, and VIP.
- Prior experience calling, and servicing key accounts required
- Must have documented experience and success utilizing a fact-based selling strategy to call on National account customers.
- Prolonged periods sitting/driving in a car and working on a computer
- Able to lift and transport loads up to 65 pounds
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and short/long-term disability insurance
- Tax-free transit and dependent care FSA
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Plus numerous job-related perks
Half Acre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.