Newport Craft / Braven / Radiant Pig Cellarman/Packaging Technician
Newport Craft Brewing & Distilling Company
Newport Craft is looking to add a full-time Cellarman/Packaging Technician. This position is an active, full-time member of our production team, and requires an energetic, self-motivated, and reliable individual who is excited to work in a rapidly growing craft brewery and distillery. We are looking for a qualified individual with some experience in the brewing industry who would like to further their career in this industry, there is potential to grown and learn45 - 55 hours a week reporting directly to Packing Manager or Brewmaster. Starting hourly rate dependent on experience with potential growth to salary employment. Interested and qualified applicants should send their resume for consideration.
Duties and responsibilities
· Lifting, Moving, and Palletizing Kegs, Bottles & Cans
· Packaging Day Set Up (creating boxes, loading labels, etc)
· Forklifting and Warehousing
· Inventory Duties
· Organization and Cleanliness of Production Floor
· Operating Keg Cleaner and Filling Kegs
· Operating Canning Line
· Daily Cellar Readings (i.e. gravities, pH and temps)
· CIP Fermentation and Brite Beer Tanks
· Filter Beer to Prep for Packaging
· Carbonating Beer and Carbonation Readings
· Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
· Valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation to work
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends as required.
· Experience working in a Brewery or a similar environment
· Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
· Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
· The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
· Enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated towards achieving results
· Sense of humor: Got to have fun from time to time while we work.
Education & Experience
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Experience working in industry or physical labor type role
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements
· Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces.
· Must be able to work in hot, cold, and wet environments
· Must be able to climb stairs, use a ladder, work at heights above 10 ft., and lift to 60 lbs.
· Must be able to drive a vehicle
· Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
· Driver's License (Required)
· Job Type: Full-time
· Hourly pay based upon experience
· Paid personal time off
· Vacation time
- Packaging or Brewery: 1-2 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with a strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative