Delivery Driver - Craft Brewery
Paperback Brewing Co. - Los Angeles, CA
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Primary Function and Scope: Drives truck over established route to deliver products and collect payment from customers.
Duties & Responsibilities / Position Role:
- Drive a van/truck to deliver Paperback beer to customers’ places of business.
- May deliver sales promotion materials or draught equipment to customers.
- Collect payment from customers and record transactions on customer invoice.
- Record sales or delivery information on daily delivery record.
- Listen to and resolve service complaints.
- Place stock in area designated by customer, making sure that stock is properly rotated for freshness and draught beer is stored in a refrigerated area.
- Collect or pick up empty containers, pallets or rejected merchandise.
- Load and unload truck as necessary
- Issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Clean inside of truck.
- Verify truck is loaded accurately, including “Add-Ons,” before leaving with
invoices/stops for the day.
- Check out truck and inventory (fulls, empties, breakage, Cold Plates, pallets,
etc.) with supervision upon return to warehouse. Put this inventory in the appropriate place in warehouse as necessary.
Indicate expected arrival time at any supermarket stops that are regularly merchandised on the appropriate log.
- Inspect vehicle, record findings, top-off any fluids (including air as needed) before leaving each morning.
- Bring signed invoices, cash, and checks to cashier to be “cashed out.”
- Follow all Paperback Brewing’s policies and procedures.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.*
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and listen effectively with customers and employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Personal Characteristics Necessary to Perform Job:
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.*
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 160 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.