Core Brand Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Core Brand Manager is responsible for being the business owner of our heritage brands including Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Torpedo Extra IPA, as well as newer products such as Dankful, Hop Bullet, and more. This includes building the strategy and plan for the brand to deliver market growth and meet brand health KPIs. This position oversees the execution of brand plans and brand guidelines through Trade, Field Marketing, Sales and the internal Creative team as well as external agencies. Additionally, this role will have responsibility for driving new product development within our core portfolio.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for Core brands P&L across the organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to lead creative development in support brand plans and initiatives
- Oversees the development and deployment of new product launches from planning through execution
- Utilizes sales data and market insights to develop, augment, and execute the Core brand strategies
- Establishes brand guidelines and is responsible for ensuring they are well communicated and understood within the team and in the market
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a dashboard of metrics to help entire organization understand brand performance (volume, ROS, profitability, brand health, etc.)
- Develops annual budgets, pricing guidelines and profitability targets for Core brands
- Oversees market execution guidelines for Core brands and ensures that brand standards are adhered to and executed in the field
- Works with research and insights team to identify learning agendas and platforms to drive stronger understanding of the consumer and their jobs to be done
- Creates intelligent, strategic marketing presentations utilizing data, insights and storytelling
Please Apply if You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field required and Master's Degree preferred or any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- 7 years marketing experience required
- 5 years brand management within the CPG industry required
- Previous alcoholic beverage industry experience and experience with CPG brands preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing large, high-volume CPG brands including brand assessments, building and managing brand plans, identifying market opportunities, and building comprehensive portfolio plans required
- Must have proven track record of building brands, brand strategies with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience building successful brand and channel plans is mandatory
- Must have thorough knowledge of market and brand research methods and strong ability of how to utilize and leverage brand insights
- Familiarity with craft beer culture and working knowledge of its key players, brands, trends etc. is highly desirable
- Excellent analytic skills, experience with syndicated data a plus
- Project management skills
- Patience for approval processes and ability to present ideas persuasively to senior management
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- Role can be based in Chico, CA or Emeryville, CA
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer