Mid-Atlantic Market Manager
Virginia Distillery Co.
Mid-Atlantic Market Manager – DC or MD based
The Virginia Distillery Co., an American Single Malt Whisky distillery located half an hour south of Charlottesville, VA, is seeking a Mid-Atlantic Market Manager. This position reports directly to the Sales Director and will strive to achieve sales goals.
It is a very exciting time to join our fast-paced team where you will have the opportunity to wear many hats, work within a passionate close-knit group, and support our rapid national expansion. We work hard to bring our category-defining American Single Malt Whisky to market. Our distilling operations started in November of 2015, and 2020 marked the year we launched our own flagship whisky brand, Courage & Conviction. We are data driven. We think big. We stay positive. And we have fun (there’s really good whisky).
- Accomplish VDC sales, merchandising, programming, and profit goals by assisting the distributor and help achieve target sales volume
- Train and manage tasting teams & Field Marketing Representative - FMR
- Effectively Manage distributor relationship(s) and execute programming goals
- Track and maintain KPIs and On and Off-Premise Program execution
- Assist the distributor sales representatives and key accounts to achieve their sales and distribution goals by working with the market and providing training support
- Maintain key account targets and develop personal relationships with key buyers/owners and managers.
- Train and educate wait staff, bartenders and key retailer partners emphasize with Off Premise
- Participate in events, in-store tastings, and promotions
- Assist Director of Sales in distributor management meetings by providing well documented reports on the levels of distribution, display, and sales by the distributor
- Expand E-Commerce business within retail accounts within Mid-Atlantic
- Conduct well prepared and delivered sales meetings to the distributor sales force
- Monitor inventory and proper use of P.O.S. material. Follow through on all commitments made to distributor management, sales personnel, and the trade.
- Review monthly account performance
- Provide budget planning, inventory forecasting and management
- Identify market trends and opportunities; develop respective action plan
- Attend and participate in quarterly team building and training trips to the distillery site in Lovingston, Virginia
Qualifications & Desired Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years field sales experience in the beverage industry
- Experience in on and off premise chain accounts in the Mid-Atlantic Markets. DC, MD & DE
- Territory management experience
- Previous distributor performance management experience is required
- Ability to maintain and grow relationships with key accounts and distributors
- Hands-on “can do” team focused mentality
- Strong relationships, management skills, business acumen, customer focus, and drive for results
- Passion for Whisky and the Beverage Industry
- An ideal candidate would preferably reside in DC or MD.
This is a salaried full-time position with benefits and is eligible for participation in our bonus and Employee Equity Program. The role will be serving Sales in key markets and may require light travel. This is a remote position.