Firestone Walker Brewing Co.- WMS Dispatcher
Firestone Walker Brewing Company
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
This position will be responsible for organizing and orchestrating inbound and outbound shipments using the Warehouse Management System (WMS). The position is also responsible coordinating internal warehouse operations using WMS ensuring orders are prepared and staged with efficiency and accuracy. Assists with inventory management and validation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Verify and confirm scheduled inbound/outbound shipments
- Prepare WMS to accept all inbound brewery production
- Ensure Warehouse and WMS have available room to accept incoming product
- Maintain communication between beer coordinators, carriers, and the warehouse
- Prepare and maintain warehouse slot sheet
- Verify and ensure the quality and quantities of inbound/outbound product
- Use WMS to plan/prepare/stage outgoing shipments and dispatch tasks to floor operators
- Use WMS to investigate errors and advise floor operators as needed
- Complete prepared reports regularly as assigned
- Assist in inventory control with weekly and monthly counts
- Prepare BOLs and other shipping documents as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and one to three years’ experience working in fast-paced office environment utilizing multiple computer systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers, truck drivers, management and other departments
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Strong leadership and organization skills
- Ability to operate and use a PC computer, ability to clock time worked and review and approve timecard each pay period
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Team player with the ability to get along well with co-workers
- Ability to work varying schedules to meet changing needs
- Ability lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Employee must have good eye/hand coordination and motor skills.
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive pay rate for an experienced individual with the right skills.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing & 4% matching
- 8 paid holidays per year
Please submit your resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.