National Accounts Manager
Who We Are
DEFY is proud to be Woman-owned, Black-owned, and Veteran-owned. In 2018, founders Megan Bushell and Beau Wehrle partnered with Denver Broncos legend and Pro Football Hall of Famer Terrell Davis to launch DEFY. DEFY is the world’s first mainstream hemp CBD performance beverage built specifically for athletes, with 0% THC. DEFY delivers natural performance, recovery, and rejuvenation. And with research still only scratching the surface of hemp extract’s potential, we’re only just beginning to DEFY the Everyday. DEFY is poised for big growth, adding some excellent individuals to the sales team. If you have a passion for health and wellness, and a competitive spirit, let’s go!
What You Will Do
The National Accounts Manager handles all aspects of maintaining and building customer relationships, expanding DEFY brand, managing select accounts, and working very closely with the sales team to deliver on key accounts. The position is accountable for establishing the DEFY brand on a national and regional basis.
- Maximize volume, profitability and grow share across assigned customers through monitoring financial results, and making strategic recommendations to achieve agreed targets
- Support the company’s attainment of volume, revenue, and profit targets with emphasis on building a strong reputation through strategy and execution
- Develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans and budgets.
- Build and maintain a knowledge base of competitors, the marketplace, and consumer trends
- Regular market visits to review store conditions based on expected activity
- Conduct bi-weekly/monthly sales forecasts
- Conduct account reviews monthly, quarterly, and create status reports to compare against objectives
- Conduct market research and analysis for the purpose of developing and executing promotional strategies and product offerings to enhance penetration and profitability
- Ensure customer day-to-day needs are met by managing and coordinating efforts of all other functional areas (Customer service, Operations, Finance, Logistics), including the resolution of non-routine customer service issues such as quality and delivery
- Provide feedback and input on, competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment – for strategic planning processes
- Monitor national trends in the industry and recommend strategies to ensure DEFY remains the preferred brand within our industry
- Conduct regular analysis on pricing effectiveness and recurring trends; create actionable item lists based on findings
Who You Are
You are a results-driven, self-motivated, and sales-minded professional who enjoys cultivating relationships with other leaders. You are a go-getter, who’s excited to join a high-growth company and enjoy being in the field. You are passionate about health and fitness, entrepreneurial, and competitive.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of key account sales experience
- Beverage experience required, health and fitness a plus
- Ability to balance customer needs with DEFY business focus
- Strong analytical, planning, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, writing, speaking, and presenting
- Very strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Professionalism and confidence to present to and interact with customer’s senior management
- Ability to perceive and interpret the customers’ requirements/demands and penetrate customer beyond immediate contact to build relationships
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and demands
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong financial acumen (profitability analysis, trade management, forecasting)
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts