Key Account Manager
Job Title: Key Account Manager
Manager: Director of National Accounts
Position Type: Full Time
Rhinegeist Brewery has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager. This position can be based in the cities of Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleveland, OH or their metro areas. The role will be focused on growing partnerships with our national chain partners. We are a quickly growing organization but generally the opposite of any corporate environment! We’re looking for someone that shares our zany personality, love for craft beer and can beat the drum in a professional and inspiring rhythm to further our growth and partnerships in national accounts.
The Key Account Manager will manage our relationships with national chain partners. This includes proactively pursuing distribution, securing programming, securing display opportunities, and measuring performance. Managing communication with the Rhinegeist sales team and wholesaler partners is of critical importance.
- Daily management of target Key Account call points across multiple customer segments.
- Manage direct interaction with buyers across call points to gain additional distribution and increased promotional activity.
- Create and present business reviews with clarity and consistency
- Develop and communicate programming, distribution, pricing and promotional updates to chain partners, Rhinegeist sales team and wholesaler network.
- Coordinate and implement Rhinegeist sales team training on how to best execute with each chain partner
- Participate in quarterly wholesaler business planning meetings with Territory Managers and wholesalers.
- Report on monthly business opportunities and progress with Director of National Accounts and VP of Sales
- Track and report all sales programs, including surveying stores for display and distribution measurement.
- Understanding of data research software needed to present our sales performance and opportunities.
- Create content and manage presentations for Spring reset cycles and Fall tweaks.
- Ability to validate planograms, review for accuracy, and make informed recommendations during reset cycles
- Provide hospitality for occasional key buyer visits to the brewery.
- Minimum 4 year degree in Business or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years in consumer packaged beverage sales - alcohol experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of direct selling to National Accounts
- Minimum 1+ Years of experience managing direct reports
- High level of knowledge of excel, VIP, Encompass, Armadillo (IRI), Nielsen
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft office suite for data examination and interpretation.
- Excellent communication and time management skills and a palpable love for craft beer.
- Wholesaler or frontline selling experience
- Coaching skills or mentoring training/ experience