Sales Representative - WNC and SC
Highland Brewing Company
Highland Brewing Company, an independent and family owned industry-leading craft brewery, based in Asheville North Carolina, is seeking two Sales Representatives to manage sales and distribution in the Asheville NC and South Carolina territories.
Some Quick Facts about Highland Brewing
- Quality beer – always
- Proudly regional - we distribute only in the Southeast
- Pioneers - First legal brewery in Asheville since Prohibition
- Largest native NC brewer
- We honor features of the Southern Appalachian landscape with seasonal beer names, a hike, and a fund-raising release party for each seasonal beer – all in partnership with the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
- Donations to over 100 charities annually
- 3rd largest craft brewing solar array in the US
Our largest effort was our solar array. Under peak conditions the system can create up to 324 kW DC - more power than we can use on sunny days. The expansive roof is now about half covered by panels and is in full view from the rooftop bar.
- Beautiful 16-foot white oak bar tops in the Event Center were harvested from our property.
- 6th largest solar array of all independent, craft breweries in the USA
- 22nd largest brewery solar array in the world
Two positions available, one based in Asheville and one in South Carolina, ideally located in or around the Columbia area.
Reports to: Area Sales Manager
Date: January 1, 2021
Our Mission: We cultivate and celebrate the experience of beer, business, people, and place.
Our Vision: To be the leader in crafting connections through beer and beyond.
This position is responsible for market growth in WNC or SC by managing our Distributor Partners and working to execute our annual business plan to achieve volume and distribution goals by delivering against assigned metrics including ad display execution, incentives, thematic promotions, and in-market partnerships and special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, builds, and strengthens internal and external relationships
- Implements strategy and tactics to identify opportunities and develops plans to deliver volume and profitability goals in assigned geography
- Participates in development of Annual Business Plan and ensures progress against goals through concise and consistent communication with Distributor Partners including Quarterly Business Reviews
- Provides detailed follow-up for all in-market activities including ad display execution, Distributor work-withs, channel focus, pricing surveys, quality audits, and promotions/special events
- Managing inventory to ensure that Highland’s beers are fresh and in proper rotation
- Composure, flexibility, and adaptability are keys to excelling in a fast, challenging, and fun environment
- Steward for Highland’s world-class beer portfolio and our charitable and environmental programs
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of two years selling beverage alcohol for a supplier or distributor
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and a driving passion for independent craft beer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, extreme attention to detail
- Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- Generous PTO Program
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401K plan with company match
- 7 Paid Holidays per year
- Weekly beer allotment
- Employee Assistance Program