Supply Chain Manager
Jiant Hard Kombucha
Jiant is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to grow and improve the ways that we meet the demand of our loyal customers. This role will have the opportunity to put their stamp on many key functions of the early Jiant operation.
This is a great opportunity to join the founding team, execute consistent strategy, and hit the ground running with a fast growing and leading hard kombucha brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Based on sales forecast, determine adequate inventory levels and own the full purchasing lifecycle (PO > Delivery > Payment)
- Ensures all raw ingredients, packaging supplies, and inventoried items are in the right quantity and condition at the right cost, place, and time
- Creates purchase orders (POs) and related shipping documentation for all inventoried items
- Reconciles invoices for all raw ingredients, packaging supplies, and other inventoried items, ensuring accuracy and providing Accounting with necessary documentation
- Utilizes lean principles integrated into inventory control program
- Develops and maintains professional business relationships with all suppliers
- Actively engages with suppliers to negotiate payment terms and ensures the highest quality at the best price
- Secures supplier quotes/bids as necessary
- Own all aspects of raw & finished goods inventory management to ensure proper storage, stock levels, and avoiding stock-outs across all SKUs
- Constantly improve inventory management processes and workflows, including supply chain effectiveness, fulfillment accuracy and speed
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation of received inventoried items and routes to appropriate departments in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of inventory counts including researching and reconciling any differences
- Manage and distribute updates on demand vs. supply levels, inventory (at warehouse, in- transit, in-production, etc.) to ensure team alignment on current inventory
Logistics & Fulfillment
- Arranges freight for inbound raw materials and outbound finished goods to distributors
- Coordinate with brewery to ensure required raw materials are appropriately prepared and on schedule
- Manage all communication with freight providers including pick-up scheduling and adjusting delivery schedules
- Create centralized system to plan, report, and track deliveries
- Located in the Boulder, CO area; able to commute as-needed to production facility
- 2-4+ years of operations/supply chain work experience; experience at a beverage/CPG brand is a plus (10,000 - 25,000 BBL Production)
- Experience with ERP or systems design is preferred
- Proven track record in planning, purchasing, inventory management, and logistics scaling
- Project management experience that displays ownership, organization, and driving effective solutions
- Maintains high level of communication with team members, partners, and vendors
- Responds positively in a timely manner to both internal and external customers
- Ability to generate creative solutions and work quickly to safely execute
- Comfortable working independently and alongside a distributed team
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Excel / Google Sheets
- Strong negotiation skills
- Performance-based bonus and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, plus other benefits and perks (free booch!)
- Flexible schedule and vacation policy
We’re a better-for-you alcohol company dedicated to crafting the cleanest & most refreshing hard kombuchas.
Jiant was born when long-time friends came together to create the perfect take-anywhere, pair-with-anything beverage made from simple, real ingredients. From its early days brewing in the founders' kitchens, Jiant has remained committed to sourcing the highest quality organic ingredients to deliver superior gluten-free alcohol beverages that are approachable, transparent, and delicious.
We are a small but fast-growing team of hard-working, creative, and passionate individuals who enjoy the challenge of building a new category and firmly believe in taking the time to celebrate our wins.
Jiant is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our team. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.