Description: Hu’s Trade Analyst will sit at the center of Hu’s go-to-market efforts, diagnosing brand health while working alongside marketing, sales, operations, and finance partners to deliver the in-year plan and develop future growth strategy. This role presents tremendous opportunity to self-start by discovering and responding to market performance signals in both long and short-term capacities. The analyst will develop a holistic understanding of Hu’s business drivers and will gain experience boiling “big picture” goals down to tactical launch and support plans across Natural, Grocery, Mass, Club and E-commerce sales channels. Hu’s Trade Analyst will join Hu’s Marketing team and be uniquely positioned as a cross-functional contributor to influence decision-making across the entire company.
Develop and maintain Hu’s point-of-sale reporting to diagnose Hu market performance, build demand projections and form recommendations for growth.
- Track performance of baseline velocity, promotions, innovation, and new distribution versus targets, and explain variances.
- Analyze competitive movements and category trends, distinguishing performance between channels, regions, and retail accounts.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives, customer sales development, and product innovation.
- Lead regular performance reporting, including updates and presentation to senior leadership, total company.
Lead Hu’s retail business performance tracking to support the development and delivery of monthly and annual forecasts for gross sales, net sales, and trade investment.
- Coordinate the collection of demand signals from sales planning and market performance analysis to input into monthly volume forecasting.
- Track and report monthly pacing of actual shipments versus plan; determine causes for variance and initiate cross-functional efforts to deliver targets.
- Track projected trade spend versus plan for promotion, distribution, and couponing trade costs.
- Identify and support the evaluation, tracking and achievement of sales risks and opportunities.
Support customer sell-in, promotion planning and coordinate shopper marketing activation.
- Build and update annual promotion plans for regional/independent grocery accounts according to customer trade investment strategy.
- Coordinate shopper marketing and couponing activation with external partners; support budgeting and planning.
- Assist in creation and delivery of special packs and in-store display.
- Build and update brand presentation materials; ensure sales partners are fully resourced (product information, sales samples, marketing plans) for customer sell-in of brand initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Entrepreneurial mindset, attention to detail, high sense of ownership and pro-activity
- High comfort with quantitative analysis to turn sales data into insights and actionable growth recommendations
- Ability to manage information flow and to balance several projects and priorities concurrently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office
- Experience with or demonstrated ability to learn syndicated point-of-sale data systems (Nielsen, SPINs)
- 1-3 years relevant experience in CPG sales or brand analytics preferred