Pelican Brewing Company
Pelican Brewing Company –
We hiring! We’re looking for people to join our packaging operations.
Do you enjoy doing detailed mechanical work? Do you want to learn how to set up & operate automated machinery? Do you flourish in a dynamic environment where continuous improvement is encouraged? Would you like to work in a brewery with a proven record of innovation & peerless quality? Would you thrive in an environment where you’re trained well, trusted to accomplish great things, and are not micromanaged to make stuff happen? Are you passionate about great beer?
The production brewery in Tillamook, OR is adding to its packaging crew. We continue to grow much faster than industry pace. In early 2020 we are adding people to packaging operations to make it all work.
The ideal Packaging professional will possess the following characteristics:
- Uncompromising personal standards of integrity, quality & attention to detail.
- Open Mind with critical thinking skills
- Mechanical aptitude & knowledge of how things work.
- Positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Strong communication skills
- Enjoys daily engagement with others.
- Supports a reasonable and responsible lifestyle.
- Has a strong desire to optimize and improve processes.
- Enjoys working with other hard working people.
- Is not afraid to think adventurously, speak up, make mistakes, learn from mistakes & try new things.
- Ingrained willingness to accomplish “What Is Required” on any given day. Strong work ethic is a must.
- Trainable with a great desire to learn.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency & effectiveness. Timeliness is required every day.
- Organized & detail oriented.
- Willing to take direction, take notes, and act.
- Can be trusted to perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- Mentally flexible.
- Ability to stand for daily work. Lifting to 35 lbs repetitiously at times.
- Some knowledge of beverage packaging or kegging is a plus.
Full time, year-round, hourly position. Medical, dental & vision benefits, vacation pay, discount card & 401k.
Background Check and Drug testing (pre-employment and random testing) are required.
Pelican has won global accolades by winning the highly coveted GABF Brewery/Brewpub of the Year (x3), World Beer Cup Champion Brewery (x4), and Australia Champion Brewery (x5 – 3 years consecutive). Attention to detail and a spirit of uncompromising excellence is a hallmark of our culture. The Staff Brewer/Cellar Operator will work on the brew deck but also help with Cellar operations so solid experience is needed in both areas. The Pelican Brewery continuously strives for improvement and employs principles of Lean manufacturing.
Pelican Brewing is an established brewery and a hallmark of the Pacific Northwest brewing community. Our locations in Pacific City, Tillamook and Cannon Beach are all in beautiful small towns on the North Central part of the Oregon Coast. We are a paradise for outdoor activities. Surfing, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, clamming, crabbing - you name it.