Bombshell is seeking a Head Brewer that wants to join us in going to the next level!
Do you consider yourself creative and fun, hard-working, passionate, and a team player who wants to work collaboratively with the sales team, our taproom staff, and ownership? Are you a leader who sees possibilities and seeks solutions? Can you brew a wide variety of beer styles and get excited by pushing the flavor envelope that today’s craft beer consumer demands? Do you have 3-5 years of commercial brewing experience at a 1000 BBL brewery or larger? If so, we want you on our team!
Bombshell is in its 7th year of sequential business growth with current capacity to produce 2500+ BBLS. We are a self-distributing brewery located in the growing town of Holly Springs, which is 20 miles south of Raleigh, NC. A 15 BBL brewhouse, 225 BBLS of fermentation capacity and 37+cpm canning line facilitate our production. We have a solid distribution footprint in the Greater Triangle and Triad bars, restaurants and retail including grocery stores.
What should your experience and capabilities look like?
- Three to five years of commercial brewing experience in a 1000 BBL or larger brewery
- Experience brewing a wide variety of styles on a regular basis
- Ability to build trust, communicate, and work effectively as a member of a management team
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated
- Ability to create recipes that align with consumer demand
- Complete knowledge of all aspects of wort production, yeast handling and management, cellaring, CIP and sanitizing
- Experience in running a successful sensory program.
- Lab practice-QA & QC
- Ability to work efficiently and with utmost safety in handling required chemicals and running machinery and forklift
- Physical capability to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, move up to 165lbs and repeatedly lift up to 60lbs, and to squat, bend, kneel and stretch on a regular basis
- Mechanical skills sufficient to maintain system components and perform intermediate-level diagnosis and repair to include basic boiler and glycol system knowledge
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Actively participating with Bombshell’s management team to develop production strategies and plans
- Ensuring that product quality is of the highest level
- Manage the entire brewing process; must be able to run a full brew day alone or with minimal assistance
- Building, developing and leading a team of passionate production employees
- Scheduling and managing brewery activities for yourself and your staff
- Ensure daily brewing activities are completed timely and properly including, but not limited to, milling, dry hopping, packaging, cleaning/sanitizing, ordering and stocking goods, other activities necessary to smooth brewery operations
- Brewing established recipes to the appropriate standards
- Designing, developing, and brewing new recipes
- Managing canning line operations
- Continuously innovating and improving both product and brewing and packaging practices and processes.
- Ensuring all raw materials and inventory items are properly stored and maintained
- Developing and maintaining standard operating procedures and ensuring stringent quality control practices, safety and documentation
- Training Bombshell staff on the basics of craft beer
- Representing Bombshell in marketing and customer events, beer events, and festivals as appropriate
- Diligently ensuring all brewhouse health and cleanliness standards kept to the highest level
Bombshell offers a VERY, VERY competitive salary at or above benchmark based on experience, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits package. A relocation incentive is possible for the right candidate.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org