National Sales Director
A Dozen Cousins
WHO WE ARE
A Dozen Cousins is a Bay Area natural food company that makes convenient side dishes inspired by traditional Creole, Caribbean and Latin American recipes. Our first product is an award-winning line of authentic regional beans that are cooked in nutrient-dense avocado oil. As a company, we believe strongly in the power of culture, and we enjoy celebrating the people and places that make our food special. To learn more, visit www.adozencousins.com
A Dozen Cousins products are sold nationwide throughout the natural channel and they are available regionally in grocery, mass and club. The business is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a sales leader that is excited to help drive that growth. In this role, you will report directly to our Founder and CEO, you will have oversight of all sales activities across channels, and you will serve as the primary touchpoint for our sales brokers and key retail partners.
This is the perfect role for a sales leader that enjoys being scrappy and is ready to roll up their sleeves immediately. We are looking for a National Sales Director that has the experience to build out strategies as well as the ability to execute day-to-day responsibilities such as: key account management, planning and forecasting, data analysis, new product launch plans, marketing & trade programs and in-store execution.
- Drive Gross Sales
- Achieve volume targets by effectively selling into key accounts and driving significant distribution gains
- Lead our sales broker to deliver results
- Secure fair share of shelf and optimal placement
- Build an accurate sales forecast
- Achieve Net Sales Targets & Manage Trade Spend:
- Focus on sales initiatives that deliver our financial plan
- Measure trade promotions and review performance vs. plan
- Monitor trade execution, efficiency, and impact to P&L.
- Facilitate timely deduction clearing
- Create and implement an annual trade planning process that includes slotting and customer-specific promotions.
- Grow Market Share and Maintain Expert Knowledge of Our Category & Competition
- Proactively communicate and develop plans to grow sales and market share
- Identify business opportunities and close white space accounts
- Own Customer Relationships and Provide Functional Leadership
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong customer relationships and ensure proper communication of vital information
- Deliver sales presentations to key customers
- Regularly update and communicate progress to the CEO and business leadership team.
- Develop and monitor business scorecards. (Defining clear goals for: account penetration, sales, share and trade)
- Identify, attend and represent the brand at trade shows and other relevant events.
- +5-10 years of CPG sales experience with experience across both the Natural and Conventional Grocery channels.
- Direct responsibility for managing a Key Account or Sales Region.
- Knowledge of Headquarter Sales is strongly preferred (including accounts such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, HEB etc.)
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts and managing brokers and distributors (ie UNFI, KeHE, etc)
- Strong planning & organizational skills, excellent presentation skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Location: This role can either be based in our Bay Area HQ or remote. All U.S. based candidates will be considered.
- Travel: As required. Post COVID, we expect 1-2 trips per month for key customer meetings and trade shows.