Brewery Representative - Los Angeles
Coronado Brewing Company
Position: Brewery Representative – Los Angeles
Reports To: District Manager – Los Angeles
The Coronado Brewing Company has an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual who is ambitious and ready to make a difference. Qualified candidates must be outgoing, goal-oriented and have a passion for the craft brewing industry. In this dynamic position, you will be an ambassador for our great beer, help build and maintain professional sales relationships with wholesalers, retailers and consumers, as well as become a champion of quality assurance in the marketplace.
Ideal candidates will reside in Greater Los Angeles or Long Beach Area.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Market Development:
- Achieve specified account goals
- Develop new accounts and maintain current accounts within the market
- Communicate with retail accounts regarding brands, pricing, inventory, events, etc.
- Become acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in your territory
- Work with distributors on a weekly basis, plan/attend promos/staff trainings, land new package and draft placements at customers. Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day
- Availability and willingness to work in the market some weeknights and weekends
- Conduct wait staff/bartender educations, beer tastings, evening promotions and beer festivals
- Distributor/Market Knowledge:
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of both Coronado Brewing Company’s and distributor’s businesses
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributors, such as the owner, President/GM, sales directors, supervisors, sales reps, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager, pricing coordinator and receptionist
- Understand how the following get done: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride alongs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time/presenting at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Know pricing of all Coronado Brewing Company products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
- Know key people and product lineup of top five local beer companies in market
- Develop market profile target lists
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received, business is growing at accounts and product freshness is maintained
- Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Ideal candidates will reside in Los Angeles County, with a preference in Long Beach or the South Bay.
- Desire to build a career in sales
- 1-2 years minimum of beverage-related sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace
- Highly motivated with an assertive, confident personality
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Ability to successfully receive constructive feedback and implement changes when necessary
- Strong knowledge of Coronado Brewing Company, its history, and its product offerings
- Great judgment and professional maturity, especially involving alcohol
- General knowledge of brewing process
- General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft and import breweries in USA, as well as top four US beer companies
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
- Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors, and understanding how to work with different trade channels
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days, including weekend events
- Computer competence in at least Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, ideally VIP, KARMA and/or Concur too
- Administrative ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Must have a clean driving record (Motor vehicle records checks will be performed on candidates)
- Ability to lift and move kegs and cases of beer frequently, at least up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb, kneel and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
Compensation: CBC offers a competitive salary, bonus, benefits, auto allowance. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements.