Director of Sales
Resurgence Brewing Company
Why Resurgence Brewing Co.?
We work hard. We have fun. We are a crazy family that loves innovation, creativity and drive. To meet demand Resurgence needs to grow!
Resurgence Brewing Co. (RBC) believes that enjoying a well-crafted brew is an experience in itself. However, it's an experience best shared with friends, both new and old. Our goal is to deliver memorable beer moments to the drinkers of the Greater Buffalo region, whether they're at home, in their favorite bar, or on a tour of our extraordinary brewery.
We're looking to expand our distribution beyond the Greater Buffalo region - that's where this position comes in!
RBC is located in the heart of the City of Good Neighbors, Buffalo, NY. We’re a young brewery, established in 2013, and on the heels of the “resurgence” of the city (see what we did there?). Many are flocking to the region for our good eats, affordable living, friendly atmosphere, craft brew scene, new opportunities, and, of course, experiencing all four seasons! We’re a big city, but not too big. There are very few degrees of separation and we value hard work. We’re die hard sports fans, perfectly positioned between the Great Lakes (on Lake Erie) and the Finger Lakes, and rich in history, architecture and the arts.
What you’ll be doing:
The Director of Sales will be repsonbile for building the business; its brand, reach and relationships, all in alignment with the Vision, Mission and Values of Resurgence Brewing Co.
This rockstar employee will develop and manage the distribution network while growing volume, visibility, and dollars for RBC. You'll build and manage the sales program/processes with RBC executive team. The Director of Sales will be an authority on product, brand positioning, and program execution in all RBC markets. He or she will grow the department and build an effective sales team as growth and budget dictates.
Core responsibilities include sales organizational management, distributor & key account management, strategic planning, P&L, and budget management.
This individual will be required to travel approximately 70% of the time.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of sales leadership experience or comparable experience
- Good existing relationships with distributors and key accounts and demonstarted ability to successfully cultivate new relationships
- Advanced knowledge of beer marketing, sales, and distribution
- Advanced knowledge of general business, strategic management skills and finance
- Sales and marketing program and promotion design/implementation
- Pricing/price promotion analysis
- Advanced knowledge of channel analysis and category management
- High competence in navigating franchise law, contracts, and all legal aspects of wholesale/brewer relationship
- Hiring, staffing, staff development issues and procedures
- Knowledge of state/local regulations governing the sale and marketing of alcoholic beverages
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Exceptonal interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (and, of course, beer!)
- This position is a hybrid base pay plus bonus structure
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K (traditional or roth) with company match
- Six paid holidays per year
- Paid Time Off (increases annually with tenure)
- Auto/Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible schedule
Think you got what it takes?
Qualified candidates should fill out an application at resurgencebrewing.com/employment. No need to call us. If you’re qualified, a member of our HR team will contact you.