Director of Operations
Skout Organic LLC
The Director of Operations is an integral part of the Skout Organic organization. The Director of Operations is responsible for managing overall day to day operations including: supply planning, demand planning, managing co-manufacturing partners, managing inventory, logistics, placing purchase orders, sourcing materials, developing and implementing analytical tools, reports, score cards and dashboards to provide actionable measurements to support all business functions.
Operations Manager will:
- Develop and implement robust analysis and reporting.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Interact with sales, marketing and finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Review and place purchase orders with assigned suppliers to manage appropriate inventory levels at our 3PL locations and co-manufacturing partners.
- Collaborate with suppliers and product development to identify and reconcile gaps and supply shortages; devise an early warning system for issue identification and formulate alternate solutions to resolve backorders in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement plan for achieving inventory turn goals.
- Support new product development.
- Identify slow-moving inventory and work cross-functionally to devise ways to sell through the inventory.
- Implement and apply process automation and optimization initiatives as required.
- Ensure timely communication regarding inventory levels and key performance indicators to keep organization informed of inventory issues and operational performance.
- Plan, initiate and monitor open purchase orders to ensure timely receipt and inventory of all products to meet demand plan while achieving corporate inventory and Fill Rate objectives.
- Hold partners accountable to any below-target performance.
- Manage materials / ingredients sourcing and drive RFQ process.
- Manage and organize 3rd party organic audits.
- Manage and coordinate 3rd party co-packing projects.
- Performing any additional duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management.
- 5+ years’ experience in Operations for a CPG company, with some leadership experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft tools.
- Experience in data management, reporting and presentation to a Board of Directors.
- Exceptional organizational focus, attention to detail, analytical, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with NetSuite a strong plus.
- Strong financial and statistical modeling skills.
- Proven experience in managing through influence, especially with those who are in different functional areas.
- Self-starter comfortable working in fast pace environment with ambiguity, changing priorities and creating processes where none currently exist.