Who Are You:
Are you a winner? Someone who holds themselves and others accountable? Do you have a high degree of Integrity? Are you smart, with a collaborative spirit and loyal to the core? If you can answer yes to all of these and live them every day, then please read on.
Who Are We:
These are our core values (Winner, Accountable, Integrity, Collaborative, Loyal, & Smart) who we are and we hope they will be yours as well. We strive to be the best and are always willing to go above and beyond for our customers. We are creative problem solvers that sets goals and hold ourselves and our team members accountable to them. We have a high moral standard and do the right thing. We work together and support one another to make others great. We consistently show strong support for a common belief, vision and mission, while remaining loyal. And we are always seeking for smarter ways to do things better, more efficient and are willing to think outside the box to be leaders in innovation.
What’s the Job:
As the Head Brewer, you will be responsible not just for beer production and brewhouse operations, but also be part of defining the way we enjoy and appreciate craft beer. The Head Brewer will work with ownership to take the helm to ensure our core beer offering and new releases are of the highest quality.
What you will be Doing:
- Manage the entire brewing process; must be able to run a full brew day alone or with minimal assistance
- Develop Brew schedule. Manage and scheduling for brewing tasks.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the brewery, i.e., kegging, cleaning, bottling, canning, etc.
- Quality Control and Management – Keep daily barrel and brew records
- Manage assistant brewer.
- Select and order raw materials to be used throughout the brewing process, i.e., grain, hops, yeast, chemicals, cooperage, equipment
- Manage, monitor and maintain inventory based on recipe formulation and needs,
- Use brewery MRP system to log production
- Manage maintenance schedule of brewhouse and equipment, i.e., have familiarity with VFD pumps, heat exchangers, butterfly valve rebuilds, regulator repair, etc.
- Research and Develop new recipes to meet the market demands and trends
- Work with marketing and sales team to promote beer sales, and distribution
- TTB and ABC filings and compliance
- Manage Hop Contracts
- Maintain safety and health standards. Be familiar with quality control standards and understand sanitation and cleaning procedures in detail.
- Meet with trade associations, i.e., Brewers Guild, local government officials, health departments, etc.
- Availability to assist in taproom and be a positive representative of the brewery festivals and events
What are the Working Conditions:
- Flexible to work a non-conventional schedule as business needs arise (including nights, weekends and occasional travel). The ability to understand a job is done when it’s done, and not when the clock tells you happy hour is about to start
- Position requires standing for long periods of time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, and lifting objects, products and material that may weigh up to 170 pounds
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders
- High noise levels in/around brewing area, and in the taproom
- Willingness to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
What is the Schedule:
- Monday – Friday (Weekends required)
- Day Shift 8-10-12 hour shifts required
What Skills You Need:
- Professional brewing experience – 5-years minimum
- Head brewer experience – 3-years minimum
- A diploma or certificate in Brewing/Fermentation Science or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Ability to work with others and receive constructive criticism and feedback.
- Knowledge of all aspects of brewing and related equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Focused problem-solver with the ability to stay calm and work under pressure and deadlines
- A strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate Microsoft software knowledge
What does the Job Pay and What are the Benefits:
- Pay – DOE
- Ownership Opportunity
- Healthcare – Medical/Dental/Vision
- Educational Advancement