Field Sales Manager
Local Roots Hard Kombucha
The Field Sales Manager is responsible for Sales and Execution of Local Roots Hard Kombucha within assigned Territory (N. Bay, Sonoma County, Napa County, ...)
Essential Functions & Duties
- Increases Sales and Distribution of Local Roots in assigned Sales Territory.
- Aggressively pursues new accounts, while building relationships with existing account base.
- Develops expert Kombucha knowledge and understanding of all Local Roots products.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Some over-night travel may be involved.
- Manages his/her individual time and activities to maximize sales volume within assigned Territory.
- Maintains expense planning to achieve maximum return on investment.
- Acts as coach to all distributor representatives with regards to selling Local Roots Brand.
- Communicates retail account activity to distributor, it’s representatives, as well as internal management.
Sales Force Management
- Provides leadership, management and coaching to motivate the distributor sales team.
- Ensures the distributor’s representatives maintain an unrivaled level of enthusiasm and support for the Local Roots brand.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with distributor management and sales force.
- 5 Days per week in the field
- Time Spent in Market – 80% On Premise – 20% Off Premise
- Expectations are to conduct minimum 2 promotional nights per week.
- Calls on local retail buyers, decision makers, and key account managers on a consistent basis, building a strong relationship with customers, and networking within the field.
- Working with specific accounts, audits distributor activities, and attends meetings with local decision makers.
- Creates and maintains a regular schedule of distributor ride-alongs.
- Coordinates and works special events and promotions as assigned throughout the year
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- At minimum, two years sales experience preferred.
- Service Industry and hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent persuasive sales and relationship development skills.
- Mastery of basic computer programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Medium work: Employee may, or may not, have a workstation or office. Time spent conducting sedentary work is less than 50%. Requires walking, standing and/or driving Lifting 170 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Requires prolonged sitting and driving.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, pulling, and pushing.