Other Half Creative Graphic Design
Other Half Brewing
We are looking for a talented Creative Director to spearhead all graphic design needs for Other Half Brewery. You will spend your time dreaming up ways to enhance Other Half Brewery’s image by designing packaging, merchandise, point of sale items, posters, environmental graphics, online/digital graphics and social media.
- Concept, plan, design, and produce with a team a wide range of specialized graphic and illustrative material: product packaging, POS materials, digital/social media graphics, sales support collateral, merchandise graphics/designs and more
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and logistic team, other departments and executive level staff
- Create, develop and execute best-in-class concepts that align with brand aesthetic and positioning to continue innovation and stay competitive in market
- Provide estimates for turnaround times and determine the resources required to complete various design tasks
- Fulfill all graphic needs of the organization by a combination of delegation and execution
- Coordinate completion of art requests/creative briefs from other departments, internal and external partners
- Follow project specifications including timeliness, budget, deadlines and internal proofing
- Develop and manage implementation of global brand guidelines, ensuring all designs meet brand standards and government requirements
- Be able to confidently present, explain and justify creative choices and direction in executive design reviews
- Work with production to set timelines for package design as they relate to release dates (collaboratively w/ Sales, Procurement and Operations)
- Provide insight on opportunities to improve package design, and/or reducing costs and environmental impact
- Must be able to participate in superfluous discussions involving but not limited to: ranking carbohydrates, various food opinions, and pop culture discussions
- Develop creative briefs for package design and other design assignments, alongside key stakeholders.
- Execute deliverables under tight deadlines with the ability to creatively problem solve
- Utilize/partner with external resources when necessary to achieve the best results for any individual campaign or project (collaborations, agency coordination, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of cultural, consumer, business and industry trends
- Should be able to take their job seriously, but are not too serious themselves
- Education: BA/BFA in graphic design, illustration or fine arts preferred or equivalent
- Experience: At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a Graphic Design or Art Direction role; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least 2 years in a supervisory or leadership role
- Computer Skills & Experience: Proficiency with Mac OSX and expertise in graphic design programs Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign). Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience working with illustration and layered photo files, up and formatting multi-page documents
- Have worked with and are comfortable working alongside outside artists and collaborators
- Experience as a self-starter who can develop relationships quickly and successfully
- Experience using creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment. Background and understanding of the craft beer industry a plus but not required
- Must have experience using pre-press techniques with hi-res, press ready files. Must have experience using technical production skills with in-depth knowledge of pre-press procedures
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Excellent illustration skills an extreme plus
- Well-developed typography skills (w/ knowledge of visual hierarchies) a plus
- Ability to comfortably and professionally interact with staff at all levels of the organization is a must, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have an aptitude and enthusiasm to learn the company philosophy, culture, history and facts
- Must have in-depth understanding of design, extraordinary design taste along with exhaustive attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player, and act as a mentor to those less experienced
- Self-motivated, hard-working, initiative-taking
- Travel Requirements: occasional travel required to other Other Half Brewery building locations/sites and as needed.
Other Half Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.