Job Title: Brewer
Reports to: Director of Production
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Full-time: 40 hrs/ week
Hours of Operation: A typical shift is 8 hrs and will be scheduled Monday Thru Saturday between the hours of 5AM to 6PM
Compensation and benefits: Based on experience. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and free kombucha to drink on site and weekly allotments to take home.
Revive Kombucha was founded in 2010 in Sonoma County California. We are dynamic and innovative kombucha brand with an incredibly dedicated team of people who love what we do and our community culture.
A Brewer at Revive Kombucha is responsible for the brewing of kombucha and related brewhouse processes including tank and equipment sanitation, ingredient preparation and handling, fermentation analysis and all other general brewhouse tasks The brewer also participates in packaging and warehousing activities as needed.
- Brew kombucha in accordance with recipe and process standards
- Produce finished kombucha in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the brewhouse
- Pull tank samples and accurately perform tests
- Execute product carbonation, perform temperature and carbonation checks and report results to supervisor daily
- Accurate and legible execution of paperwork and daily computer entries
- Sanitization of blending vessels and all related equipment
- Maintain proper rotation and usage requirements of ingredients in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure and carry out routine inventory activities
- Perform routine maintenance on blending vessels, product pumps and related equipment
- Create and maintain written Standard Operating Procedures for Brewhouse processes
- Complete all Brewhouse tasks as necessary, including but not limited to: sanitization of fermentation and blending vessels, equipment and facility cleaning, juice and housemade ingredient production
- Support all other production and operation activities as required- bottling, canning and warehouse operations.
- Adherence to and compliance with GMP policies at all times
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Two plus years of brewery or winery experience required
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required.
- Proficient in reading and writing in English.
- Safety conscious, quality minded, and efficiency driven
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, industrial refrigeration and sanitary process piping and systems strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Proficient in math and adept at performing a variety of blending tasks and calculations.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequent standing for long periods up to 12 hours; walking; sitting; and reaching with hands and arms.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation.
- Regularly lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly use angle rolling ladders.
- Work in wet and cold or hot environments and subject to noise.
This job is in a manufacturing/brewery environment. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, scissor-lifts, power tools and various pneumatic and electric machines in addition to safety boots, protective eyewear, and hearing protection. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops, photocopiers, printers and filing cabinets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position email your resume and cover letter to, email@example.com and enter “Brewer” as the subject.
Please note: We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. We will only be contacting qualified applicants whom we would like to interview for the position. Thank you.