Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country
As part of the Operations Team, the Production Manager is responsible for manufacturing product using efficient and safe manufacturing processes through the supervision of production team members. Must adhere to the schedule and ensure that quality standards are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage line efficiencies, key performance indicators and down time.
- Manage within labor and OPEX budget.
- Monitors the production process, makes periodic checks and adjusts equipment or work practices according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
- Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up and supervise change overs.
- Manage overall package and product quality to ensure all standards and specifications are met.
- Ensure production direct operators are trained in all aspects of position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-5 years production/manufacturing experience
- Requires experience managing people/budgets
- 2+ years supervising production staff preferred
- Basic computer and database application skills
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems
- Working knowledge of GMPs, ISO and FSMA requirements
- Forklift certification is a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and parts
- Able to prioritize Plant needs
- Ability to operate a manual / powered pallet jack or lift product.
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment
- Ability to train, evaluate and develop team members
- Ability to troubleshoot problems associated with production lines.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally to both co-workers and customers
- Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices
- Delegation – Ability to delegate work, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities
- Enthusiasm – Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans
- Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Leadership – Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; accept feedback
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans
- Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management
- Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas
- Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Honesty, Trust & Respect– Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminals.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repetitively.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hearing protection in specified areas
- Hard hat for specified tasks
- Steel-toed shoes
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
- Some areas are slippery due to the production process.
- Warehouse area has heavy forklift traffic.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing for all positions and adheres to an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.