Maintenance & Engineering Manager - Diageo Lebanon, KY Distillery
Diageo's purpose is to celebrate life every day, everywhere. The Diageo Lebanon Distillery is the newest addition to Diageo’s North American distillery portfolio. The Bulleit brand is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to craft high quality whiskey to meet consumer demands.
The Site Maintenance & Engineering Manager is responsible for all maintenance, capital planning, facility management and asset care activities on site. The site includes a distillery, Distillers Dark Grains (DDG) plant and barrel warehousing. This position leads a combined operator/mechanic staff to deliver high quality product and highly efficient operations. Applicants will be required to master the entire bourbon production process. This role reports directly to the Diageo Lebanon Site Director.
• Drive a culture of safety ownership, with a continuous focus on improving safe work practices
• Work to eliminate safety hazards, respond quickly to any safety issues, and ensure proper maintenance of plant
equipment for continued safe operation
• Lead a diverse, highly engaged, salaried operator/mechanic team responsible for maintaining equipment and
infrastructure for continuous operations in a safe, quality-based atmosphere.
• In coordination with Operations Resource Planner, schedules and sequences assignments for work activities,
based on work priority, scope, and skill of personnel.
• Develop and grow team through creation and execution of annual training plans.
• Develop, support, and implement consistent approaches relating to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of
productivity, safety, and quality
• Manage tool and part inventories and the condition of utilities area to ensure satisfactory working conditions
• Manage equipment, systems, and facilities and analyze information to determine needed installations, services,
repairs, and preventative maintenance plans and maintain all records in compliance with Diageo Records
• Ongoing communication with site team regarding maintenance KPI’s and safety aspects of the operations
• Coordinate and manage various outside contractors
• Maintain all buildings and relative equipment. Coordinates and manages all facility landscaping contracts.
• Support Diageo’s industry leading environmental initiatives on minimizing water, power and steam usage as
they relate to environmental reporting, ensuring accurate maintenance records of equipment
• Develop and execute departmental budgets. Continuously seeks improvements or ways to decrease costs in
order to deliver the most efficient operation.
• Keep current on Alcohol and Tobacco Tax & Trade Bureau (TTB) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
rules and regulations. Support all ISO certification activities.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related technical degree. Will consider military with relevant experience.
• 5-10 years’ experience in a Maintenance Manager/Supervisor role in a distilled spirits, fast-paced
manufacturing, food production, chemical or pharmaceutical facility
• Working knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting e.g. Allen Bradley Control Logix
• Proficient computer literacy with ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite. SAP experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, must be able to establish rapport with team members
• Strong technical capacity, critical thinking and problem solving, ability to simply explain complex issues
• Ability to work in fast-paced, agile and flexible environment with changing priorities