Field Sales Representative - Southern Colorado
Odell Brewing Company
Odell Brewing Company, a family and co-worker owned industry-leading craft brewery, based in Fort Collins Colorado, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic team member to manage sales and distribution of our brands in the Southern Colorado. This position will be based in El Paso County.
About Odell Brewing
Since 1989 OBC has empowered a culture of family and collaboration, fostering a brewery full of beer centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires us to create quality, handcrafted, and innovative brews. We’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers while making positive contributions to co-workers and our community through outreach and charitable giving programs. We are the 23rd largest craft brewer in the United States, are independent, and family and employee owned.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better.
The Field Sales Rep (FSR) is responsible to work closely with our wholesale partner as a value-added resource for the Odell brand portfolio. The FSR will achieve volume, revenue, and sales results through effective management of distributor and account relationships while working to increase Points of Distribution (PODs).
- Introduce retailers to Odell beers in both on and off premise to build brand awareness and sales
- Develop relationships with on and off premise retailers in 40+ accounts per week within assigned market
- Effectively manage existing business relationships
- Prospect new business according to sales goals and expectations
- Maintain Odell Brewing on and off premise marketing and distribution standards in the territory
- Daily CRM reporting and distributor communication
- Support on and off premise chain business
- Implement and execute all sales and marketing programs with wholesalers and retailers
- Perform 1 on premise promotion per week
- Perform 1 off premise promotion/tasting per week
- Work with wholesaler sales force 1-2 times per month
- Coordinate, negotiate and staff events and sponsorships affiliated with Odell Brewing brands including, but not limited to: account resets, tap takeovers, tastings, beer dinners and festivals
- Regularly survey market and analyze market trends, pricing, and competition
- Comply with all company policies and procedures ensuring that all activities are conducted with local, state and federal laws
- Ability to incorporate business math into sales appointments
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant experience and education required
- Employment is contingent upon successful clearance of a pre-employment motor vehicle record screening.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- At least 2-3 years of sales experience in the beer/beverage industry preferred
- Proficiency and experience using a CRM system
- Strong understanding of 3-tier system
- Chain experience preferred
- Highly organized and able to hit tight deadlines, with limited direction and supervision
- Daytime and some overnight travel is required
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Demonstrates leadership and professionalism among team members, industry peers and wholesale partners
- Enthusiastic and outgoing with a positive attitude toward the craft beer business
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including verbal and written communication to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors
- Ability to operate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving with the ability to develop and execute innovative strategies that increase sales and market share
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Use of iDig reporting system & karma CRM
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Medical/Dental/Short Term & Long Term Disability/Vision benefits
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Weekly beer allotment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company vehicle provided
Interested applicants, please submit completed application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with “Southern CO FSR” in the subject line by July 10, 2020.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.