Category & Trade Manager
Harmless Harvest envisions a world where nutritious, clean, organic and healthy food and beverages are the standard rather than the exception; where all people involved in creating the product are treated with fairness; and the planet is treated harmlessly. We are focused on changing the world, and we are always looking for like-minded, wildly passionate individuals to help us do this. Join the #HarmlessMovement
Currently, we're looking to hire a dynamic leader for the role of? Category & Trade Manager to support the field sales team with meaningful category and trade insights to guide our sales strategy. This person is a strategic, forward-thinking sales professional with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will have positive energy, a high level of focus and commitment, and a true team spirit attitude! They will have a demonstrated track record of leveraging category insights and know their way around data pulls, but isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get a little scrappy. They will also share Harmless Harvest’s passion for authentic food and sustainability.
Using all the tools we have available and all the ones you will develop, you will be responsible for both leading and supporting the sales team in developing category and trade strategy for Harmless Harvest to drive growth and profitability. If you’re a naturally curious go-getter that is a collaborative team player, then you are who we are looking for!
Are you a person that believes in doing good in the world? Are you ready to work hard and sell Harmless Harvest? If the answer is yes, this just might be your dream job!
- Leverage consumer and retailer insights to drive customer/channel specific portfolio initiatives through collaboration with the HH organization to meet growth and profit objectives, internal hurdles and company/customer timelines.
- Understand and analyze syndicated and shopper data from Consumers/Customers to identify opportunities and make fact-based strategic recommendations that result in portfolio expansion and market place success
- Be the internal expert on the category and category management
- Work cross functionally with finance, marketing, innovation and field sales to assist in developing the trade strategy for the portfolio
- Assist the field sales team with customer set up and requests
- Update and manage all sales reporting from various data outlets
- Must be great at collaboration, communication and leading within a strong team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 4+ years of experience in Category Management, Sales and/or Portfolio strategy
- Experience working with syndicated and shopper data from Consumers/Customers (i.e SPINS, Nielsen, IRI, 84.51)
- Personal ownership of results, ability to bring an innovative approach to getting things done.
- Excellent Organization and Prioritization skills
- Team player mentality
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Less than 10% travel required