Charleston Distilling Co.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform all duties involved in the distillation process from production, fermentation, storage and distillation. *Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Maintain a sanitary and legally approved production area.
- Manage and coordinate a production schedule with head of marketing to deliver on seasonal and annual product releases.
- Develop your own standard operating procedures for new and existing processes.
- Working with other local beverage companies to blend and/ or innovate new product potential through creative collaborations.
- Work with accounting and management to own documentation associated with legal/TTB and PLCB reporting and tax requirements on behalf of Local, Federal and State government authorities.
- Manage and file production log, inventory reports, with the use of Whiskey Systems software.
- Ongoing equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Manage safety requirements
- Participate in occasional tours, tasting events or offsite representation of brand when needed.
- Conduct spirit tastings and tend bar
- 2+ years commercial distilling experience
- 2+ years of bartending experience
- Project management knowledge
- Quality assurance experience
- Heavy lifting required on occasion to perform daily production duties
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of the beverage production line
- Understanding the process and science behind creating vodka, gin, and whiskey
- Well-developed sensory skills for tasting and evaluating spirits
- Whiskey Systems or Management Software Experience
Opportunity for bonuses