About The Bruery
The Bruery is an award-winning craft brewery established in northern Orange County. We specialize in Belgian-style, experimental, innovative beers, which we distribute in 25 states, 5 continents, and sell directly to customers through our two Tasting Rooms and three membership Societies. The Bruery is one of three Famille Rue brands which include The Bruery, est. 2008; sour & wild Bruery Terreux, est. 2015; and hop-focused Offshoot Beer Co., est. 2017.
About the Role
At The Bruery, quality is a top-priority and it’s what our customers have come to expect. The Quality Assurance Manager role will effectively manage and continually develop the QA Program for The Bruery and Offshoot Beer Co., while engaging in overall production department leadership.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
- Direct management of Quality Assurance related functions and associated staff
- Prioritize Safety, Quality, and Production in that order in partnership with leadership and production management
- Prioritize awareness and continued monitoring of diverse brand portfolio and manage appropriate QA process for each brand
- Oversight of lab facilities at all production facilities to include but not limited to maintaining supplies, cleanliness, organization and access
- Ensure proper operation, maintenance and care of equipment and instrumentation
- Manage QA/QC stage gates for product release and hold; advise, develop, and maintain shelf life program per brand
- Manage third party analysis of products when necessary
- Oversee and directly participate in analytical analysis of all in process and finished beer in partnership with Production Managers
- Oversee and directly participate in the storage, propagation and identification of desired culture program, for both pure yeast and mixed culture fermentation programs
- Manage and directly participate in monitoring of microbiological stability program
- Oversee and maintain procedures for at line total package quality
- Conducts audits, validations, and document controls of associated production functions
- Manage, maintain and develop a robust sensory program that supports a QA approach and educational opportunities for staff
- Review and update policies and procedures regarding Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Support and Participate in company wide safety initiatives and ensure quality department is in compliance
- Provide and maintain budget for lab facility operations
- Maintain Safety Data Sheet library and ensure all necessary documentation is current
- Engage in internal team building and company development initiatives
- Engage and contribute to customer facing events, education and brand building
- B.S. in Fermentation Science, Chemistry, Biology or Related Fields
- Minimum 7 years Food and Beverage quality experience required; Brewery Experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Data management, written documentation and
- Minimum 3 years of management/supervisory experience
- Commitment to total overall quality, driven by customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to successfully establish and implement SOP’s.
- Ability to apply high-level root-cause and problem solving skills at all levels.
We offer compensation and competitive benefits coverage, 401k plan with matching, Unlimited Vacation and plenty of free quality craft beer!
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.