We are a well established brewery and tap room, with roots in Anaheim since 1870. We are currently under new ownership and are in expansion mode. We are looking for a Head Brewer that can lead all aspects of the brewery operation and beer production. We are looking for someone that is innovative, passionate and someone that wants to be more than a Head Brewer. This is an opportunity for someone to bring new ideas and bring unique beer recipes to the brand. This person will be an integral part of our brand and will serve as an expert in the local craft beer community.
Position Description: The head brewer is responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation of the brewery and beer production. This will include forecasting of production goals, planning a production calendar, managing employees, creating new product recipes, and managing resources. This role is crucial to the future growth of the business and will be working directly with the owners of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop new brewing recipes to meet market demand.
- All aspects of brewing from wort production through packaging.
- Responsible for maintaining Occupational Health and Safety and compliance, plus meeting OSHA requirements
- Ordering and inventorying of raw materials and consumables.
- Management of production volume needs and production schedule.
- Use of brewery management software and keeping detailed records of quality metrics.
- Brewery representation for social media, content creation, dinners, at festivals and taproom events, etc.
- Maintaining the safe and effective operation of brewery equipment and other related machinery and training staff on systems, processes, and recipe development
- Responsible for procurement planning of raw materials necessary for production
- Collaborative spirit with a hands-on attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings
- Minimum of 5 years professional brewing experience required, preferably as a Head Brewer, with the ability to demonstrate experience in various roles within a brewery.
- Fluent Spanish preferred
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a science or engineering related field, or related professional experience with ability to demonstrate expertise.
- Lift 55 pounds from ground to shoulder height and maneuver 170 pounds at ground height.