Category Manager - Stone Brewing Sales
Stone Brewing Company
Category Manager - Job Summary
Works closely with Stone Sales Leadership, Executive Leadership, Distributors and Key Accounts to optimize sales and profits that meet or exceed sales, marketing and growth objectives while providing optimal customer service. Participates in overall sales & pricing strategies, goal planning and overall promotion of product category. Responsible for analyzing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends throughout the sales category segments from conceptual stages through distribution cycles.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and develop long-term strategies for the success of product categories managing to strategic pricing objectives to maximize sales and profit, including exit strategies for under-performing categories.
- Analyze sales results on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis; manage performance against the category’s performance.
- Conduct planning meetings and category strategy, developing business plans in alignment with Stone strategic objectives.
- Interact with internal business partners to recommend pricing, portfolio, promotional and other strategies in line with service expectations.
- Develop and implement tactical plan adjustments to ensure performance against strategic goals.
- Work closely with marketing to determine pricing models and any promotional activity that will enhance sales.
- Participate and attend regional operations meetings to report if pricing is being executed according to plan.
- Relay information about new products and/or changes to management teams, and cross functional partners and key contributors within the company.
- Participate in activities that are aligned with department strategies, prioritized initiatives, and category management opportunities; ensure cross functional collaboration and alignment with other departments.
- Manage and maintain contracts for data purchases (Nielsen, IRI, Numerator, and any other data providers as needed)
- Maintain and update related data reports and presentation materials for various internal reporting requirements.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Interaction with independent contractors to help manage data services may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Experience: 5 years of related experience and/or training utilizing strong customer service sales skills within the consumer package goods industry, food or beverage industry, preferably in craft beer sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certified Beer Server certificate or higher desired
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: Regular travel required. Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and reliable transportation.