Flavor Lab Technician / Compounder, Beverage Business Unit
This Flavor compounder/technician position is Based in our Laguna Beach Applications lab, and is a vital role within the fast pasted and growing Beverages BU (which is headquartered in Teterboro, NJ). The Job scope includes:
- Provide flavor compounding support to Beverage Applications, Flavor Portfolio and Flavorists for projects and/or rapid prototyping sessions.
- Support the team of Flavorists (Teterboro, NJ based) as needed either remotely or directly when they’re visiting the Laguna office.
- Maintain a well-organized laboratory, and inventory of raw materials, laboratory supplies, solvents and finished flavors.
- Support and maintain the “Preferred” Flavor portfolio for the Beverages team. Schedule and execute flavor evaluations on an ongoing basis.
- Compound flavor formulas for project activities as needed.
- Leverage interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal partners.
- Compounding, sample preparation, and SAP entry with minimal supervision as assigned to meet project deadlines. Support flavor needs for projects &/or customer prototyping sessions.
- Work closely with Portfolio management team to update and maintain our library of preferred flavors. Set up tastings to evaluate flavors, and also compound flavors as needed to maintain stock of flavor inventory in Beverage Applications labs in Laguna and Teterboro.
- Replenish stock of raw materials, laboratory supplies and solvents by interfacing with persons responsible for ordering these materials.
- Perform general housekeeping and dish washing duties consistent with maintaining a safe and clean laboratory.