Canning Line Operator
SLO Brewing Co
Canning Line Operator
What we do:
We spend our days brewing a product we love, for the community we love. We also drink lots of delicious, tasty beer.
Why we do it:
For the pursuit of happiness in a 16oz can.
Here at SLO Brew, we understand that the work you are doing is important, and must be fulfilling; but equally important, is the team in which you work with. We aim to create an "I want to come to work" atmosphere. We believe in ownership and discourage micromanagement. We embrace autonomy and our managers will be getting their hands dirty right next to you. Gone are the days where your manager sits behind a desk all day. The Brewery team is a small, tightly woven laugh fest. We work hard, and play hard. Teammates are cross trained in other positions so we are covered in the event of an absence or a tropical vacation. We have each other's backs!
Flexible 4/10 hour shifts. We want you to spend quality time with your family and friends as much as you do.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Operation of canning line, and all line equipment
- Responsible for safety of all canning line activities
- Responsible for conducting/overseeing all can line and repack QA checks
- Directing of packaging personnel
- Build quality into all elements of canning
- Sanitation on all canning line equipment
- Perform maintenance and repair tasks on all canning line equipment
- Assist in identifying, investigating, and recommending cost saving opportunities, especially in work area
- Physical Inventory of packaging materials
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- 2 years Brewery / Manufacturing Experience required
- Beverage canning line experience valued
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer and the brewing industry
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, holidays and events as needed
- High school diploma
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day within a fast paced environment, must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position. Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. Must be able to bend, twist, squat, kneel and reach repeatedly throughout the day. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Applications can be found here:
*Please note, resumes & cover letters are great, but in order to be considered for the position, we do require a signed & completed application to be turned in.