VP of Sales
DRY Soda, Inc.
DRY Soda Co.
Founded in Seattle in 2005, DRY Soda Co. has been on a mission to elevate non-alcoholic social drinking for everyone.
In 2020, DRY is re-launching as DRY Botanical Bubbly to more clearly serve our purpose. We are here to elevate non-alcoholic beverages, to make social drinking about offering interesting options, and to include everyone in the toast.
We are DRY.
We are passionate about inclusion, connection and experience. We are the OGs in the budding sober curious space and are ready to lead the social wellness revolution.
Our products are Non-GMO, four ingredients with a great personalities, and come in cans, bottles and 750 mL Celebration bottles featuring botanicals: Cucumber, Vanilla Bean, Lavender, Rainier Cherry, Blood Orange, Fuji Apple, Ginger, Pineapple and Watermelon.
We have a lot of work to do and are looking for a seasoned sales leader to help us build the next big category expansion! For more information, visit www.drinkdry.com.
Position: VP of Sales
DRY is seeking an experienced and successful sales leader with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to join our team as we further establish DRY as the creator and leader of a new class of non-alcoholic beverages.
The candidate should have a proven track record within the CPG industry for driving short- and long-term results by building new brands and categories and by driving sustainable sales growth through various channels—most importantly the retail channel. This role requires someone who can develop deep customer selling and management relationships, and who can build a high-performing, goal-oriented sales force.
The VP of Sales will be directly responsible for defining, leading and executing sales strategy to ensure that DRY successfully expands distribution and grows velocity in the retail, foodservice, drug, c-store and mass channels. The role will be a key member of the executive team and report directly to the CEO. This role requires:
- Performance-Driven Leadership: Our VP of Sales needs to be hungry. They are motivated to exceed plan by building effective, actionable and measurable sales objectives and KPIs (revenue, margin, distribution, display, pricing), and by establishing a reporting and performance management process to ensure attainment of goals while continuously striving for over-delivery.
- Seasoned Sales and Trade Strategy Ownership: The VP of Sales needs to translate our business strategy into clear and executable strategic sales and trade plans. This should include prioritizing and maximizing resources across markets, channels and customers to develop high performing trade programs, expand distribution and improve shelf and display presence. In addition, our VP of Sales will play a major role in the launch of new innovation.
- Traditional grocery
- Food Service
- DSD markets
- Business Development and Account Management: DRY believes our company and sales success come from building solid, beneficial relationships and then over-delivering on everything we do. The DRY VP of Sales will have direct ownership of building relationships and driving execution at key accounts, and of business development efforts.
- Deep Collaboration and Partnership: We are looking for someone who wants to build a strong DRY team. We operate in an executive team decision structure, so we’re looking for someone who thrives in a team setting, and who will bring their opinions and point-of-view every day to help make us collectively better.
- Executor Extraordinaire: This role not only manages the top accounts but also ensures broker-distributor and internal team alignment, execution and partnership.
- Coach and Culture Builder: We have a culture of inclusion, thoughtfulness and respect. The VP of Sales needs to build a sales team to work with foresight, and to quickly assimilate competitive, consumer and channel insights into action. They also need to work across functions to be a DRY champion to improve our connections as people and the way we work.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of proven sales leadership experience in CPG. Beverage experience a plus.
- Experience developing and executing sales strategies and processes to achieve extraordinary results.
- Experience successfully managing and motivating broker networks.
- Experience with various categories of distributors, including DSD, UNFI and Sysco.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute at both a strategic and operational level, providing insights and hands-on leadership.
- Strong balance between analytical aptitude and visionary innovation; someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of working effectively with marketing teams to deliver on company goals.
- Able to effectively manage margin and ROI on market spends.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced and high-growth-stage environment preferred.
- Confident decision-maker with ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Proven track record of growing sales in Retail, Foodservice, Drug and Mass channels.
- Strong, proven buyer relations with key national accounts.
- Proven ability to build great teams and build consensus; can create a vision and sense of purpose for the sales team.